• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know if and when Adobe XD will merge with Figma?

New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if and when Adobe XD will merge with Figma? I'm working with an extremely large design system and have up to two years worth of future projects with a client in XD. But in order to plan ahead would like to know if Adobe XD will merge with Figma?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

It has been reported that both US and EU are looking at the deal. There was a recent statement from the CEO of Adobe that he hopes to close by year's end. 

Personally, start migrating to Figam. Even if the deal goes through, Figma is the winner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been reported that both US and EU are looking at the deal. There was a recent statement from the CEO of Adobe that he hopes to close by year's end. 

Personally, start migrating to Figam. Even if the deal goes through, Figma is the winner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris and good morning, I'm genuinely curious about XD/Figma tool sets and wondering where to place my development efforts - I found your comment interesting—will you please elaborate on your understanding of the Adobe ecosystem vis-a-vis XD/Figma, let's say, at year-end 2023—should I ramp up my learning of XD or Figma? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma would be my suggestion. One of two scenarios are likely:

1) The deal goes through, and Figma is now an Adobe tool. Since there hasn't been any development on XD, you switch to Figma. The hope here is there is a tool/solution for importing XD files into Figma

2) The deal does not go through, and Figma remains as is. Adobe has not been developing anything with XD for some time, so it is even more behind feature-wise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acknowledged and understood. Thanks for both: your perspective and your promptness - cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Chris, it has only been 6 months since XDs last Update in June 2023. Wondering if they may want to support XD as it is their #1 prototyping tool and they are still the biggest fish in the pond in the creative space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needing more updates as the merger did not go through on December 18, 2023. Figma and XD preference is a subjective opinion for any designer.

merger.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines