Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop shadow not included in width and height of asset in adobe XD

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue where the drop shadow in an asset is not included in the Width and Height of the asset (the shadow makes it bigger).

See below, XD highlights the green outline as the size, but it has a black drop shadow to the bottom right, and white to the top left. The asset exports correctly to a larger object with the shadows included.

This is an issue as I need an accurate X and Y position to use the assets in programming external firmware.

Is there a way to set the asset up so the drop shadow becomes the outside perimeter?

lukew37484160_0-1716859119565.png

thank you. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you place an exported PNG where the button is exactly and group them, set the PNG opacity to zero, then turn into a component, you can get what you want - although this is not really a proper solution 🙁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Kenneth - the work around achieved the result I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines