• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements that Have Used 3D transform dont layer properly

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest release and the inclusion of this wonderful 3D tool, i've found that if I modify something (make it 3D), its placement relative to other layers/objects gets messed up and impossible to change. 

Example:

1. I make a rectangle
  2. I select it and enable 3D and tilt it forward 45 degrees
  3. Now no objects can be placed in front of this newly tilted rectangle - *note: they are sequenced appropriately in the layers panel, with the 3D object sitting all the way at the bottom, but whats being shown visually is that the 3D object sits on top of everything

Additionally, if I remove all of those attributes (set the 3D attributes to 0), the problem persists, so I essentially have to delete the element and recreate the initial rectangle.

Unrelatedly, but similarly frustrating is that when you select an object and enable the 3D tool, it remains "on" for every subsequent object created. So you need to keep turning it off, otherwise every object gets created with the 3D transform controls on top of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I would suggest submitting your feedback for improvements or suggestions in the feature here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest you to go through this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/design-in-perspective-using-3D-transforms.html and see if any known limitation is restricting your workflow.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika. I did look at that article, and it seems to imply that modify the Z-Axis of an object effectively "breaks" one of the core aspects of XD (and all of the other prolific Adobe products) in Layering. 

That the 3D tool is a tiny button nested amongst transform controls is, I think, a bad representation of the effect of hitting that button. It seems to essentially be a toggle switch for converting the entire XD workflow into one that accommodates actual simulated 3D, as opposed to the common conventions established in every other XD program around "transform" which mostly refers to a distortion.

Ex. Using illustrator, I can hit "E" to distort the perspective of a vector object, simulating 3D but not actually making it 3D. 

I understand that by going the extra step like you have here that it allows for lots of interesting complexities with auto-animate and what not, but it is implemented in a very confusing way relative to other Adobe products - insofar as both the outcomes of using it, as well as it's location in the UI.

That said, I understand that it's just the first version of it so I'm sure things will become more clear in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I would suggest submitting your feedback for improvements or suggestions in the feature here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem. Please fix this in future releases of Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. It makes 3D transform unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines