• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request-Color management in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Adobe finally implement color management in XD? Now all colors are desaturated when viewed in browser. I know it's because XD uses the color management of the OS, but I want to design in sRGB instead of P3... This is a problem since the first release. 

What is the reason this is not solved? Or can I do something to solve this?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Hi All,

Update: With XD 57, you can color manage your document. Click here: Color Management to know more. 

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is still a young app and Adobe is adding features monthly. It's off to a good start, but there of course are more things for Adobe to do. This feature has been requested, and you can add your voice by upvoting that feature request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man...

The more people upvote a feature request the more likely Adobe is to listen.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm a 5 years old app, is it young? But the fature request is a basic feature. That has to work in every app. That's not a feature per se, that's a basic must have. Against this background it's not believable that this feature request lays around about 4 years. No "backlog". Not "under review" nor "feature started" … 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first versions of XD were beta versions, not ready for professional use. So XD has not been ready for pro use for 5 years... I'd say only about a year, and considering that Photoshop is 30 years old, yes even a 5 year old app is still young.

I totally get the desire for features to be ready now, but I also understand that good apps require time to develop (and to do so well while trying to keep a stable, well performing app). There are so many features that could be implemented which people "need"... this is just one of them. XD is for all types of designers, including UX designers who would care more about the prototyping features than color management. I'm not saying it's OK that Adobe hasn't added this, and I'm not saying this isn't important, because it is for UI designers! I'm just pointing out that choosing which features to add is challenging.

Color management is a fundamental feature that could require a bunch of underlying work because it affects the whole display system. It could be challenging to add... so it is disappointing that the feature hasn't been marked as under review or something indicating that Adobe is looking into.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Years ago requested, still nothing happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe will be purchasing Figma, they said "While we have been reducing our investment in XD, we will continue to support it." which to me says we shouldn't expect much more out of XD. Figma is what they'll be going with, and Figma's Desktop app (not the website) does have color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. I understand that this feature is among the top requested feature in Adobe XD.  As of now, I am afraid, I don't have a time frame by when this request would be completed however I will share your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe till then, is it possible to resaturate the view in XD so that this is more the view in the browser for my clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe XD is not color-managed yet and it should be SRGB throughout. For the best viewing experience, I'll recommend ensuring that you have the SRGB profile set for colors on your monitor.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks that works. It's a bit weird, when I switch back to my print color profile, but now it's the same – XD and browser view. Now I have a post it on my monitor to not forgetting to switch back before my next print job … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already forgotten it once … and that's bad if you prepare printing PDFs and send them to the printer … That makes the Adobe CC idea (that users can easily switch between different softwares of one company (which is still not comfortable (different user interface-systems, shortcuts and so on …) to nonsense. So PLEASE make this provisional/temporary solution not to a standard and impelement a proper color management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe XD is not color-managed yet and it should be SRGB throughout. For the best viewing experience, I'll recommend ensuring that you have the SRGB profile set for colors on your monitor.

--
That is the exact response I just got from Adobe chat agent (who pinky promised an XD expert would call in an hour - nada as usual from Adobe's more than hapless (but more profitable) support.

This is not good enough for a design app. How are we meant to design when it appears XD is the weak colour link? 

I can no longer use AI for design because you no longer support Dropbox or any other cloud storage links - of course Adobe tells me that their own cloud storage works just fine - funny that. Dropbox also worked just fine for over 10 years until Adobe decided it could try and push users to it's own storage. Which TBH, even tho it irks me, I would consider because of my workflow, but Adobe want almost 10x for their storage compared to the competition. I'm paying 17pm with dropbox and Apple is 15pm, but Adobe want 110pm?

So where does that leave me? AI is no longer an option for me - no dropbox linked file (it also crashes all day long to boot) and the colours in XD are way off. They are not close to the colours in AI and they are not close to what they are in my connected device.

Any suggestions on how this can be resolved and I can stay in Adobe ecosystem? Or is it better to hop off to Sketch or Figma or whatever?

Adobe - if you respond, please don't apologise and don't trot out your precongifured response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand you asked not to apologize but still I will say it, I am so sorry for all the trouble. Talking about the XD color profile issue, I am afraid, I don't have much to offer as I don't have a time frame by when XD would be color-managed. Having said that, let me assure you that I will share your feedback to the engineering team and you can do that too by upvoting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man...

Talking about the default cloud storage offered with the subscription module, it is one of the value-added services that we offer to our customers with the subscription module. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues in the future, we'll try our best to help you with that.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that files exported from XD as After Effects projects can be corrected by going (in the After Effects project) to Project Settings>Color Tab>uncheck "Linearize Working Space".

Clayton Light

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there rishab@artbucks9_Tiwari @Adobe, thanks for reacting. Your comment here does not make sense yet. If I import an SRGB image it suddenly looks over saturated in Adobe XD and ugly. When exporting again it does match. 
So the color profile  (which can't be altered yet), is not SRGB. Otherwise, the images would look the the same. Do you have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to get this right.. Adobe XD is not using SRGB but a different color profile which oversaturates colours.

To give you an idea of the discrepancy - a HEX colour in Adobe XD declared as #B0D13E (google it to get the colour reference) is actually displayed as #a7d300. Furthermore, mockups displayed in the browser via public link or share are not using the Adobe XD colour profile but the 'real' SRGB HEX version. Therefore what happens is the following: What you design does not match what you output - in any way. When you share a public link they will not see what you designed but an SRGB version. After this 'fascinating' discovery and the fact that Adobe XD can't be colour managed, would it be too much to ask to stick this request on a top priority list? If a colour profile management is too much of an ask would it be possible to review the current profile and make sure it uses SRGB? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD doesn't actually use color profiles, so on sRGB screens the colors will appear correct. But on wider gamut displays (such as Display P3 which Apple uses on many of it's displays) XD does not adjust the color and therefore the colors are not accurate for sRGB (which is the color space for web design). 

I agree that this should be a high priority for the XD team, but I'm sure it's a big understaking because it probably involved the entire display system. I'm frankly surprised it wasn't built in from day one because of how fundamental it is. To best add your voice, please upvote this feature request and feel free to comment there as well of how important you think this feature is. https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this, v43 and still no color management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sebaguila@gmail.com,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand your concern and we have also escalated it to the team and they informed that they are definitely aware of the issue and also this is one of their priority work. 

We would request you to please stay tuned to the uservoice page for updates.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still over here desperately waiting for this basic feature.... 

FYI, it's definately not SRGB as all of my images are SRGB and it desaturates everything on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent a lot of time designing the app in XD, but my output is red instead of blue

Adobe XD is said to be a young piece of software, but Adobe is used to costing others to grow their young apps, like Photoshop iPad and etc

😐 😐 😐 😐 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absured. It's a constant hassle. When will this be implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😐 😐 😐

I using Figma recently and I am much happier. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Or old skool Sketch as an alternative. With the millions and marketing sharpness Adobe has, you would say they would have fixed this instantly as they are obvious loosing ground

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines