• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fit rectangle to image

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new user here. I drag & dropped in an image into a rectangle. Is there anyway to tie the border of the rectangle to the image? Whenever I move the extents of the rectangle it scales the image. I also don't want to delete the shape because it already has some interactivity that I want to keep.
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Hi 123adg,

Once you have aligned the image with ther rectangle, you got to group the two together and hold shift while you are resizing the rectangle. It will scale the image in proportion to the rectangle.

I hope it this is what you're expecting. Gianvitulano, please feel free to add to it. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you make more clicks inside the crop mask you have created, you enter the isolation mode and you can better manage the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @gianvitulano , so the image is fine as it is, but the shape is too big now, and all I want to do is simply pull the extents of the rectangle to the extents of the image without changing the size of the image. Is this not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 123adg,

Once you have aligned the image with ther rectangle, you got to group the two together and hold shift while you are resizing the rectangle. It will scale the image in proportion to the rectangle.

I hope it this is what you're expecting. Gianvitulano, please feel free to add to it. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines