• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradients not importing properly

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When copying an object from Illustrator that contains a gradient into XD the gradient is not setup correctly. When looking into the issue I came across this article https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/help/gradients.html and saw that an SVG is needed. So I saved my icons as SVGs and imported those but the same problem persists.You can see in the attched screenshot of how far off the gradient is from the shape, plus each stop point is right on top of each other. This is annoyingly time consuming to have to fix them.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for sending the file I am able to reproduce the issue. We have logged the issue internally and we are prioritizing the issue.

Regards,

Arpitha

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 2022, this issue hasn't been fixed.

I can't wait to see how you riddle poor Figma with these kinds of bugs and other "issues". SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why Adobe has been all these years without any kind of serious improvement on XD. They were saving (our) money to buy Figma and get all the XD refugees back home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had switched to Axure over a year ago because XD was too slow on certain features. I want conditional interactions as well as components interacting with each other without having to be lumped into one symbol. Figma is just more of the same in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2022. 

I too am encountering this issue. From what I can gather, XD does bring the gradient into the application, but it's only applied incorrectly. When I zoom all the way in, I can see the start of the gradient on the left and it ends at like 1% of the width of the shape. 

It's really frustrating to see this issue still hasn't been solved so many years after reporting. We're simply being ignored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How is the progress going with the gradient bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines