• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe XD been discontinued?

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm in an online course to learn to use Adobe XD, but I haven't been able to find where to download it... It doesn't seem to be in any adobe link nor listed in the creative cloud apps. Can someone help me please? (I'm in Canada)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Hi @Leslie2628726265vb ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Due to the merger, both Adobe and Figma can't say much. Here is my take: Adobe has stopped almost all effort on XD, and is actively discouraging new users. Thus, migrating to Figma or other tool would be the wisest option. If the merger occurs (I am not holding my breath), then Figma will be the design tool of choice within the Creative Cloud offerings. If the merger does not happen, Figma continues to maintain is place as a popular solution among designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are probably millions of AdobeXD user s that still need to download and work with our design files, so please provide a download link - forcing us to buy the full pacakge I am sure is not legally permitted. You cannot discontinue like that, so please take responsibility and give your user propertime to migrate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was bound to happen, so I switched my team to Figma earlier this year. I've been using XD for a long time. Adobe has a history of doing this, like when they bought Macromedia. I'm pretty certain they'll eventually put a countdown on XD and phase it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing illegal about the change from a standalone application purchase to the whole suite. Maybe dont' comment on the legality of something if you don't understand the legality of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is no longer available as a stand-alone download. If you have a certifacte for it for your course, contact the course admins or Adobe support. XD is effectively sunseted. I strongly recommend you learn another actively supported tool for your design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is way better than figma but XD gets cut.. NOOOOOOOO!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma > XD 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD Pricing > Figma Pricing

Figma's pricing is absolutely batshit insane. I hope Adobe continues XD as a part of the suite. Either that, or stop the Zombie pricing of Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is NOT way better than Figma!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both at a high level and for prototyping XD is much better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so your issue is actually with prototyping. You should use PROTOPIE
instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactally Protopie is another cluncky addtion that Figma needs to do what XD already does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, by and large, Figma is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what everyone says but when it comes to what is better its ussally people that have never used XD or don't know how to really use XD at its full potential. Your comment is a echo. I use both and I'm so fustrated with the over complication of Figma with things like sticky headers and overlays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should learn Figma Prototyping too brother. Components in Figma help better than in Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know how to prototype in Figma thats my point. I'm coming at this subject with expereince with both products which I find to be rare. I just see alot of people that say 'Figma is better' but don't really know how to use XD. Most of the comparison videos or articles are clearly bias showing a very little understanding of XD. If XD was Free I think it would be a differnt story. Any way I'm doing all my new project in Figma now. hopefully I will naturally start to like Figma more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god, I can not agree with you more. Figma is so hard to use compared to XD. I spend so much time trying to get its "smart layout" feature to do what I could have done in XD in two seconds. It's excruciating! I've been using Figma for months and it just gets in my way ALL THE TIME. But XD is clearly being phased out, so I'm switching to Figma. And don't get me started on it's browser "app" — no custom keyboard support (I've had to adapt to Keyboard Maestro). The number of work-arounds to make it behave is just crazy. I really wish Adobe would have continued with XD. They're already switching to Figma internally! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you @Ron Frank I made this video for the XD community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF-6uB_x1Wo

This video has sound issues please forgive me.** After dedicating half a decade to honing my skills in Adobe XD, I am now making the switch to Figma. A fervent supporter of XD over Figma, I anticipated Adobe would focus on XD after their acquisition. However, the fact that XD has not seen a ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, music on video is too loud; could barely hear your words. Need microphone close to mouth. I had to bail within 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, @Boodlums _  - I get your point. That was my initial video, and back then, I lacked the proper equipment. However, I chose to release it despite the sound problems because I felt the content was important for our community. I've since acquired a microphone and plan to not only redo the original video but also create a Part 2 to share updates on the decisions I've made since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when you get invested in one tool.

I have used both tools, Figma is more streamlined and user-friendly. That
you don't see it that way doesn't make the fact less a fact. Check stats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to those stats? I think it's a bit of an opinion but I'm curious to see any data you have come across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your pain @Ron Frank I am just getting around to starting look at Figma. I have used it before but I couldn't agree with you more that XD should be continured. That is my opinion. But Alas, the powers that be suggest we abandon it. From my research we have until December 14 for any semblance of an answer on the merger. The whole thing with Adobe acquiring the 2 main UX design applications is just so unreal. This to me is a real pain in the butt for us designers as a competition and monopolization of the tools we use seems unproductive, a waste of money and time. It was just 3 years ago I went through several arguments and conflicts with organizations and teams about the use of Sketch. I either left or got my way. I never liked Skecth. I have been using XD since Beta in 2016. So as a designer this battle and conflict for software appears every so often. Enough of my rants. If anyone sees more on the merger please post it. #AdobeXD https://techcrunch.com/2023/08/08/europe-adobe-figma-acquisition/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My two cents - XD feels less complicated and easier to use because its artboards are designed around being freeform, similar to Photoshop. On the other hand, Figma works best with its autolayout feature. This most closely resembles real world develop, primarily in flexbox, so your layout mirrors what can and would be produced in development. It keeps things polished so design to dev hand-off is cleaner and simpler. That's where Figma shines. It's better for the designer/dev marriage than XD, whereas XD appears to be primarily better for the designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines