• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has Adobe XD been discontinued?

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm in an online course to learn to use Adobe XD, but I haven't been able to find where to download it... It doesn't seem to be in any adobe link nor listed in the creative cloud apps. Can someone help me please? (I'm in Canada)

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Hi @Leslie2628726265vb ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Due to the merger, both Adobe and Figma can't say much. Here is my take: Adobe has stopped almost all effort on XD, and is actively discouraging new users. Thus, migrating to Figma or other tool would be the wisest option. If the merger occurs (I am not holding my breath), then Figma will be the design tool of choice within the Creative Cloud offerings. If the merger does not happen, Figma continues to maintain is place as a popular solution among designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, I really like what your responses are here, I have been a die hard professional XD user since it came out in 2016 in Beta. I saw the collaboration feature gain momentum, symbols, components, I saw teams build from that.  and also I have built many design systems with it. I love XD it. I love the fact that it has embedded a design tool, a prototyping tool and a team sharing and collaboration/cloud feature. Something Sketch was very messy with. IMO. I actually was able to work with Adobe in some roles and understand the power that the application posesses. I think what you said that people that are die hard Figma users that never have given XD the chance, deserves some conversation. We all want to use what we like and we all have to be successful as designers and product contributors to feel comfortable. Ease of use, efficiency, delight, etc.

Anyways, I have played with Figma but I am always under the gun for delivery and deadlines for complex projects and roles that I have not made the jump to Figma. I wonder if I should. This post and string leads me to believe maybe I should just keep working in XD and see what happens. All of what I heard about Adobe acquiring Figma makes me wonder if Figma will bring in some of XDs features or vice versa. Or maybe it will be an entirely new product. I can't find any recent developments within the Adobe, Figma aquisition. I have reached out to my PO friends in XD and they don't have any insight to give me other than XD is still supported. Some of them have been changed to different products in Adobe. Anyways, I don't like, not knowing what the future holds but UX design applications change as well as design applications in general. I will embrace knowing that fact I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you would benefit from watching the video I created for this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF-6uB_x1Wo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from XD to Figma, I have found this person's (Kezz) videos really helpful. They are brief and full of tips that a new user would not be likely to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma being primarily cloud-based is NOT ideal for users who prefer to have their files stored offline only. If I work with a local fig file it will still sync to Figma's cloud once I get online which is not ideal for a number of reasons including secret projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I really don't like that either. I prefer to have my files live locally in a Dropbox business account and share them through that, with only the prototypes living in Adobe's Creative Cloud. Working offline with Figma requires planning and is really a crap shoot (and the fonts seem mostly unavailable as well). It's a very kludgy workaround rather than an actual solution to the Figma cloud environment. Hopefully (but I'm not holding my breath) Adobe will fix that IF their acquistion goes through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's much smoother. Figma's hot keys don't make sense to anyone who's been in the industry and working with adobe products for a long time. It's going to be weird trying to get used to the hotkeys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, why is anyone still talking in here? XD is gone guys! Let's move forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question... SO what happens to my designs in Adobe XD? I cant seem to access them any more when i had to reformat my laptop. What should I do? I cant  find any link to install Adobe XD. Am really frustrated about this and i need immediate help. What should I do to get my design back? Any help will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing it from within the Creative Cloud application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With this interesting turn of events that Figma gets dropped from the acquisition, I wonder if your advice to abandon XD preemptively should be rethought. The sun also rises...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leslie2628726265vb ,

Adobe XD is no longer available for purchase as a single application but will continue to be supported for existing users. XD will continue to be available as part of our Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps subscription. We will continue to support existing Adobe XD customers.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rishabh, 
Are you able to share Adobe's plan on if there's anything coming to replace Adobe XD? Will new subscribers get access to Figma? My team uses prototyping tools often for our day to day work and we are working to align expectations moving forward for our tooling. 

Anything you can share would be helpful! 
Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the merger, both Adobe and Figma can't say much. Here is my take: Adobe has stopped almost all effort on XD, and is actively discouraging new users. Thus, migrating to Figma or other tool would be the wisest option. If the merger occurs (I am not holding my breath), then Figma will be the design tool of choice within the Creative Cloud offerings. If the merger does not happen, Figma continues to maintain is place as a popular solution among designers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rishabh_Tiwari , can you clarify what support for existing Adobe XD customers entails? Will we be able to purchase additional licenses for new users joining our team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and the answer is NOPE. Howerver they will include it if you by Creative Cloud for $85. Thanks Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you help me with that situation: I'm a new CCloud user. I need to join a team project that has been working on for a long time in Adobe XD. How to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently joined a team that uses XD regularly. I understand that Adobe is slowing down/stopping XD use due to the business with Figma, but is there a workaround in the meantime? I won't be able to support my team properly without XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@31022039gvdlTry getting in touch directly with Adobe sales or speak with your team. The information I got from Adobe about new licenses was that they will issue new single licenses for current license holders, so you should be able to get a license from your team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should really try its employees so that they can be aware of how that works and can provide better support.

Today I contacted Adobe THREE TIMES and every time they confirmed that Adobe XD Starter Plan is no longer available.  I explained that I am an existing customer and that I already have access to Adobe XD as part of my current subscription (I even told them that when log into my Adobe account I can clearly see that Adobe XD is included in my account) and every time I was told that it's not possible.

They kept repeating that Adobe XD is ONLY available as part of the Creative Cloud All Apps subscription, even for existing users. 

This is absolutely ridiculous! 

Today I wasted 3 hours of my day dealing with this and getting in touch with Adobe through different channels. None of the employees I talked to had the right information. 

I ended up calling Adobe USA (I live in Europe, so very expensive call) and after a looooong conversation, they decided to send me the installation file, which worked just fine. But again, I wasted 3 hours of my day searching all the forums, getting in touch with Adobe via chat, and getting in touch by phone. 

Absolutely embarrassing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One impressive thing about Figma: They have responded to every email of mine within 24 hours — by an actual human with whom I can have a back and forth through email! Though I have not needed to call them though with that sort of urgency, so…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have access to all apps and I don't see XD as an option to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What About new subscriptions for creative cloud? what will happen now?

can we complete teaching Xd as a trainers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you keep training on a product that is no longer going to be developed on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sake of humanity and those you may train, simply adopt Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because thwe message we have seen on Creative cloud is XD in maintenence mode (looks like temporary issue), some users thought they will be back! is this case forever? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines