Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

High Application Memory usage while working in XD on macOS Catalina after the update.

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just want to let you know that after updating my XD to the latest version 26.0.22, the app lagged and stuttered. It has slowed down considerably in which opening up 3 files at the same time with around 50 artboards each hogged my memory so much and render it almost unusable. 

I tried to revert back to the previous version but it won't allow me to open the same files anymore, since they were created in the latest XD version. Can you kindly take a look at this problem? Speed of production is really important and it's one of the main reason I switched to XD from other app.

Thank you so much:)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac, Open and save docs, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020
Hi Andy, Sorry to hear that you've started facing the issue again with high memory consumption while using XD on macOS. We would request you yo please uninstall the application using Adobe Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) Once uninstalled, please re-install and check how it works. If this doesn't help, please share a few more details like: A screenshot of the About XD info page. The version of the Operating System. Is it...

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe XD V 43.0.12, Windows 10 latest version.

Uninstalled XD, tried older version, tried uninstalling anything in Creative Cloud + running the cleaner, restarted, triple checked, re-ran cleaner (as admin may I precise), made sure all was super clean, even creating a brand new file takes ages.

It takes a lot of memory but for some reason I feel like there's an issue with the fact the files are online.

I can't work like this...

...I was very enthusiast about this software (used to be smooth, fast and highly practical), I didn't expect it to behave weirdly when coming back to work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  2. Please collect Spin Dump file by following the steps shared below:
  • Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

Please add both the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 Adobe XD was super fast with cloud files. All of a sudden after the releases in spring 2021 everything became so slow to open and close files that its causing major production performance problems. I even close ALL other apps so XD is the only one running and its latency is still unbearable. Beach balls on every file no matter how large or small. 
No other Adobe app is having issues on this machine. 
My internet is 160mbps down / 8 mbps up

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.01.07 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried to save a new file (empty) as local document.

After that all the other XD files seem to perform well again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines