• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Application Memory usage while working in XD on macOS Catalina after the update.

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just want to let you know that after updating my XD to the latest version 26.0.22, the app lagged and stuttered. It has slowed down considerably in which opening up 3 files at the same time with around 50 artboards each hogged my memory so much and render it almost unusable. 

I tried to revert back to the previous version but it won't allow me to open the same files anymore, since they were created in the latest XD version. Can you kindly take a look at this problem? Speed of production is really important and it's one of the main reason I switched to XD from other app.

Thank you so much:)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear that you've started facing the issue again with high memory consumption while using XD on macOS. We would request you yo please uninstall the application using Adobe Cleaner Tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html)

Once uninstalled, please re-install and check how it works. If this doesn't help, please share a few more details like:

• A screenshot of the About XD info page.
  • The version of the Operating System.
  • Is it sl

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Adobe,

I'd kindly ask you to tell us by when you plan to release a new update that eliminates all those heavy issues. Thinking of stopping work for this week, since working with XD is not possible at the moment.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this solved? please address this issue as I'm trying convert my designs to figma so I don't have to use your defective software again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not, there has been an update and ever since my Adobe XD uses all RAM and won't work anymore. That's just great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe XD V 43.0.12, Windows 10 latest version.

Uninstalled XD, tried older version, tried uninstalling anything in Creative Cloud + running the cleaner, restarted, triple checked, re-ran cleaner (as admin may I precise), made sure all was super clean, even creating a brand new file takes ages.

It takes a lot of memory but for some reason I feel like there's an issue with the fact the files are online.

I can't work like this...

...I was very enthusiast about this software (used to be smooth, fast and highly practical), I didn't expect it to behave weirdly when coming back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  2. Please collect Spin Dump file by following the steps shared below:
  • Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

Please add both the file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 Adobe XD was super fast with cloud files. All of a sudden after the releases in spring 2021 everything became so slow to open and close files that its causing major production performance problems. I even close ALL other apps so XD is the only one running and its latency is still unbearable. Beach balls on every file no matter how large or small. 
No other Adobe app is having issues on this machine. 
My internet is 160mbps down / 8 mbps up

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.01.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to save a new file (empty) as local document.

After that all the other XD files seem to perform well again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean you fixed the issue, or do your documents still lag when in cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue. About 2 minutes every 5-10 minutes of working. This is super worrying. Adobe is meant to make professional tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Big Sur 11.4 - Any work with components on the cloud causes the slowdown, both local and shared components. This is bad enough that stakeholders have noticed and requested we explore other options such as Figma. While I do not want to transfer our global teams and rebuild our design system, XD has consumed too much time "waiting" and fighting project needs. In one week I logged 1hr 20m in loaders, absolutely a bad experience in 2022. I feel like I am back 20 years and running a photoshop filter while I take a walk and come back when it's done.

jleonard_0-1654188787362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jleonard,

We apologize for the frustrating experience. We'll try our best to escalate your issue to the team for investigation. We'd need a few more details in order to log a bug for you-

• Please share the version of XD and the screenshot of your operating system info.
  • Is it happening with a specific file? If yes, please share the file with me.
  • Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.
  • Please collect spindumps by following the below steps-
    Mac
    • Launch Activity Monitor
    • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
    • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
    • Select “Spindump”
    • This will generate a text file

Please upload the text file and logs to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

Note: These log files help our engineering team to investigate the root cause of the issue. 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the correct answer for this thread should be "Have you tried moving to Figma? Please let us know if it solved the problem." Two years later and this problem still exists. Unbelievable. Also unbelievable is trying to leave the impression that you are here to help, leaving the same message over and over again asking us to send you screenshots and more info. What more info do you need ? Your cloud is not working properly so you should hire a lot more engineers to build something better, if you still want to charge us the same price. Also, everytime that you market your product saying that it could build a design system it is a lie, unless you clearly state the limitations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally agree, when i use xd always lagging even just 1 board i only use xd because my client requested to use XD. i prefer use figma a lot better faster, easier, and don't need sync to cloud because it already in the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @well5FC2,

We understand how frustrating it could be for you. We would love to escalate the issue to the team for investigation. If you allow, we would need a few details in order to log a bug for the issue-

• Please share the version of XD and the screenshot of your operating system info.
  • Is it happening with a specific file? If yes, please share the file with me.
  • Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.
  • Please collect spindumps by following the below steps-
  • Mac
    • Launch Activity Monitor
    • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
    • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
    • Select “Spindump”
    • This will generate a text file.

Win
  • Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right-click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

Please upload the text file and logs to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my Adobe XD works very slowly. I need sometimes 5 minutes to change the fonts of my text. I also restart my computer, but nothing happend. Would it be able to restart my Adobe XD?

Thanks, Tanja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm the version of XD & OS and is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Rishabh,

I just updated XD, now does it works 🙂

Thanks, Tanja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines