• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High CPU usgae on windows machine after updating to XD 42.1 version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After new update of adobe XD on windows PC, My CPU utilization is at 100% most of the times. This freezes my PC and make it unusable. I have to kill and restart XD every 20 minutes which is very frustrating.

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.80 GHz

Ram 

6.0 GB (15.8 GB usable

OS version

Windows 10 Pro

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi All,

We really appreciate your patience. The team hears you all and they are able to fix this performance issue. We highly encourage you to please update XD to 43 version and let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Or the Adobe XD team could test it themselves. It's quite easy to reproduce. Just open 2-3 Adobe XD Cloud documents and see the CPU usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Even I'm facing this issue. When i'm using Adobe XD then CPU Usage goes to 100% and the Adobe XD gets stuck. Can you please fix this issue. It is very difficult to work on Adobe XD 😞 😞

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the impression that Adobe XD is a bitcoin miner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the frustration and we understand your concern. The team is tracking this issue and they are investigating on it. We have got logs from few of the customers.

The team also need Spin dump that will help them identify the high CPU usage problem. We would request you all to please share the spin dump as well along with the Adobe logs so that we can share with them.

Win

• Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

Mac

• Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here You are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the spin dump, defaultaamgfcbc0pfg. It will be really helpful and I have attached them to the bug. Could you please also share the Adobe logs as well so that we have the full information of your machine? 

Please share he version of XD and the OS of your machine.

We will try our best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

945 Mb - really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digging with all computers connected to Adobe's network could be a very lucrative activity. Thousands of efficient computers and users who agree to some imperfections of the program ...
If XD continues to use resources intensively, this scenario seems more and more real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't know what to do!!!

I shifted to working on smaller files. My colleague and me use a common library. My adobe xd hangs so much that it freezes every few minutes. I see adobe xd uses 95% of my 8GB memory and about 70% of my cpu. Dont what it is using it for running such small files!

The issue of trying to type is another annoying one when I cannot see my cursor or it just doesn't select a text. I jump from window to window and come back after sometime to see it working. 

Since a week, my productivity has gone down to almost zero. Even my colleague is facing similar problems. Any help?

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure you have the latest Windows OS updates installed on the computer. In case if it's already up to date, please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool using the https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then re-install XD and let us know if that solves the issue. If it still crashes, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mumtaz,

I have the same issue with the typing of text. I have a workaround for Windows: just hit the windows key instead of switching to another application (this is faster). It is still very annoying though.

Cheers, Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue of trying to type is another annoying one when I cannot see my cursor or it just doesn't select a text. I jump from window to window and come back after sometime to see it working. 

I face the similar issue of cursor randomly getting disappeared along with freezing and automatic crashing of the App on 16GB core i7 windows 10 laptop. It sucks good amount of my teams productivity 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for 1 week I have more and more freeze on my online projects. I am under mac OS.

As soon as I work locally, everything goes well. On the other hand, as soon as I work on an online project, the tool consumes a lot. I suspect this is from your connection to the cloud. It's a shame because there is no way to work. I created a clean cloud and uninstalled Adobe xd, followed all your guides but nothing works. Everything is up to date... .

Just fix this problem please.

Thanks for your help.

<Title renamed by moderator>

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please uninstall XD using the cleaner tool using the https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html and then re-install XD and let us know if that solves the issue. If it still freezes, please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files? 
  3. Please share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your process is too complicated ... Please make the process easier or fix the problem on your end from a technical point of view... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi damienv59300224,

We understand your concern here and sorry for the trouble in using XD. We are tracking the High consumption issue here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/100-cpu-after-updating-xd-to-42-1/td-p/12210103

and if you're facing issue with sharing Adobe logs and other information. 

We would request you to please share your Adobe ID, Phone number and location with me over a PM so that we can ask our support team to schedule a call with you to grab important logs from your machine. 

Logs, crash dumps and spin dumps are really important for our team to understand the root cause of the issue .

We will try our best to help you with the situation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

next freeze

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kuba for sharing the spin dump. It would be really helpful if you can share the Adobe logs as well with us so that we can attach them as well to the bug for further investigation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, give me YouTube e-mail adress

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kuba_Jawor,

I have sent you a private message. Please check and share the requested information.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we fixed the problem for us.

We changed the proxy settings as described here: (see attachment) 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-pro...

Our admin also diagnosed some troubles with Cisco AMP and added exceptions for Adobe XD there. 
Since then (about an hour ago) CPU-Usage dropped and we can work with cloud files again. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Christoph 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you fuc$#@ man! This WORKS NOW GUYES. I was working at half performance for 2 weeks, and NOW IS WORKING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue as well as my colleagues. The solution with the cleaning tool worked for everybody except me.

I removed all creative cloud apps (including CC software) several times and nothing happened. It seems the cleaning tool couldn't fully remove the programs from my computer, but I found a workaround that helped me fix the issue.

Here's what you could try and see if it helps:

1. Uninstall XD using the Creative Cloud software, not the cleaning tool from adobe.
  2. Install oldest possible version of the program (XD).
  3. Open newer file and when it promts you to update to the latest version, click Update.

That worked for me. I hope it will for you too. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend, is still working fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's still working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines