• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add fonts to Adobe XD?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts installed on my PC aren't showing up in Adobe XD, how do I add them?

Edit: I should clarify when I say installed I mean activated via a font manager (FontBase, NexusFont, etc.) They show up in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

I was having a VERY hard time with Adobe XD finding the fonts I activated with FontBase, BUT I have found the unusual solution to fix that problem by simply —

• Go to Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…") in FontBase
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

Very strange that Adobe XD didn't find my fonts to the default location FontBase put it (originally located in "C:\Users\%PROFILE%\FontBase"), so changing that location sol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, on which computer are you working? Windows or Mac Os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIndows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it is because XD compacts the fonts.
Can you confirm if the whole font family is missing or is it just that you don't see the additional options in the initial Font Choice Drop Down.

For example in my Font Manager I can see Book Antiqua, Book Antiqua Bold, Book Antiqua Bold Italic, Book Antiqua Italic.
When I'm in XD all I see is Book Antiqua, but then in one of the drop downs I can choose between Bold, Italic, Bold Italic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a VERY hard time with Adobe XD finding the fonts I activated with FontBase, BUT I have found the unusual solution to fix that problem by simply —

• Go to Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…") in FontBase
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

Very strange that Adobe XD didn't find my fonts to the default location FontBase put it (originally located in "C:\Users\%PROFILE%\FontBase"), so changing that location solved my issue.

Hopefully, this helps a lot of you out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked very well for me. Not Ideal, but it's a fix for now.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, I did have problems with this before, believe this had been fixed (and is stated in the changelogs of both apps as far as I remember), hadn't used XD for a while, only to find it doesn't work anymore again. Thanks for the 'fix', that does it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, you have saved my sanity! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I was wondering why the fonts couldn't load and found this solution to still be the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, that is a great fix finally... thanks for saving me some bucks with Figma membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, this is a big help, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, two years later. So odd that this is an issue, and only in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when stay this settings?Screenshot (169).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi how can i get fonts with this updated creative cloud. please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that you might have another solution for someone on a work computer that is not allowed to connect to a root folder. 

I don't understand why Adobe would set it up like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. There's an alternative solution: Switch to Figma

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this answer. You just solved a major gripe I had with XD even though it's a workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy that your problem with Adobe XD has been resolved. If you need help in the future, contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunally non of the solutions works for me. I'm on Macos Catalina with latest XD. 

The Fonts are displayed in XD but not in the demos on ios iphone or ipad.

I tried everything mentioned in this threat.  Complete random if a cusstom font (mainly google fonts) works or not. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, sometimes days later. Its impossible to work with clients on projects if they cant see the right fonts. Guess i have to switch to figma or sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatt???! I L O V E Y O U!! I was tired to look everywhere to find a solution to this!! close XD, close fontbase, open again, restart the computer, crazy solutions! lol
thank you so so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change it as "/" for the address. As you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into fontbase settings. Under Root folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enabled font via https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts  Then, I could see the new font in my adobe Xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

this doesn't work for me, I would even prefer to not use Adobe fonts at all and only deal with local ones. I am tired of this s*** that keeps me away from real tasks, considering Figma a little more every day because of that.

Hey Adobe, somebody here ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines