• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export an image with text created in XD?

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I am trying to export an image w/ text i created in Adobe XD for my story highlights on instagram and am having some trouble. I selected the image, went to file and then export - > selected. And when I view it in a folder it comes out as 2 separate images ? I need it to be 1 image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I attahed a screenshot here. Thanks! 

Full Image.pngSeparate.png

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot from Xd with the layers panel visible, so we can see what exactly you're selecting for the export? Did you select the artboard, or did you group the 2 items together and select the group for export?

If they are separate layers, and you selected the layers, then you will get the result you got - each layer for itself. If you group them together and export the group, then you'll get them as an image together (which is what you want).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Spas,

Thanks for the reply! Sure thing. Attached is a screenshot. 

I did select the layers then went to export .. wondering how do I group them so when I export, it's 1 image?

Thx for your help! Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 3.29.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, to group the layers, select them both like you have there, and press Ctrl + G, or right-click on them and select Group.

SpasK_0-1636233635241.png

If you intend on using Xd for more things in the future, it will be useful to go through some tutorials and get a grasp on the basics 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey AdamM2,

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following our expert advice?

Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thankyou Spas K. for your detailed explaination on this thread. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One solution is to group the design and then export the group.

The other is to create an artboard. XD assumes (for the most part) that you work on artboards. Design on that artboard, and then export the artboard.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines