• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a full screen width and responsive website in XD?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning.

I've an issue in XD with my responsive website.

I've exported artboard in HTML (with Web Export plugin) and the issue is my body and footer aren't full width, but they are locked in center of page. I'm using Chrome. Anyone has solution for this?

Thankschrome preview.jpg

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanuel,

It looks like you are trying to make a responsive website in XD. I would like to confirm when you created the design in XD, have you enabled the responsive resize button from the property inspector panel on the right hand side? If yes, could you please share a short video of your workflow for better understanding?

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, It seems like Chrome uses a different style to read the Code.

i f i open my HTML Export (Thru ANIMA) in chrome, responsive resize feels like a myth, but in Edge it works just fine. Excuse me for this but wtf? XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the Web Export website it says "Web Export will do most of the work but the more you know about web development the more you will get out of this software."

Keep in mind that XD is not meant to produce code (it's a design app) so this plugin is trying to do a lot of work, and may not do things exactly as you want. I'd assume you can go into the code and find what's limiting the width and alter that code, but how easy that is depends on how good the code that plugin generates (which I would personally not have high hopes for).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines