Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show hidden objects in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used the "Hide" command to hide an element from the Object menu, how to I get the element to reappear? There should be a "Show All" ala AI. The Show All in the File menu doesn't work. I looked in the Layers but can't find it there either. It is an image imported from AI.

TIA

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Keep looking the layers and folders for the item. Unless you deleted it, the element should still be there.

You could create a new artboard, reimport the asset, find the element on that artboard and the look to the structure of the import to locate it on the real artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep looking the layers and folders for the item. Unless you deleted it, the element should still be there.

You could create a new artboard, reimport the asset, find the element on that artboard and the look to the structure of the import to locate it on the real artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultmj1yqn9vy0zk,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what our expert has suggested, you may try selecting all the layers from the layer panel and then click (CMD +,) on Mac and (CTRL+,) on Windows to show/hide all layers at once, which might help you as well.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a HUGE break in the program - I have gone through layers, all items are shown as NOT hidden - yet the objects I hid are not showing up.  This needs to be at the otp of the list as a BUG/BREAK FIX and Adobe needs to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Idefinitelly agree with you. You put a hide button but don't include a show button? What is that? Who ever aproved release of adobexd never used/tested adobe xd. He should stop doing this job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To easily Hide & Show layers with Adobe XD:

1. Go to View->Layers menu item (Ctrl-Y)
  2. Expand all of the layers so they are visible
  3. Roll-over with the mouse the layer name you are looking to show
  4. When you roll-over, an action menu will appear to the right of the layer name with two icons:
  • Padlock Icon that you click to Lock and Unlock each layer
  • Eye Icon which I am sure you have guessed... just click to Hide and Show each layer
  •  ImageSignature.png

Capiche? XD on!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now how do I do this if I want to batch show all hidden layers?  Selecting all does not seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines