• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm glad to see Adobe updating XD but...

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see these updates but the pages show last year. What's  the deal with this? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/whats-new/2023-2.html 

57update-xd.jpg

57update-xd1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

As someone who's been using Xd from very early on and stuck with it for as long as I could, Figma is simply miles ahead at this point. It has its flaws, but as you said, there's no alternative. Had the deal gone through, we could've at least seen some integration with CC, which is the sole reason one would still be using Xd - as part of the Adobe ecosystem. But for the rest - Xd has only received more bugs with each update, it's been inconsistent and clunky eversince end 2019, when they decided

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is they are discontinuing XD, but my concern is that I have no replacement and Figma is dog b*lls. Just don't get it, I use it daily and I need it for client work and I'm not keen on the alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As someone who's been using Xd from very early on and stuck with it for as long as I could, Figma is simply miles ahead at this point. It has its flaws, but as you said, there's no alternative. Had the deal gone through, we could've at least seen some integration with CC, which is the sole reason one would still be using Xd - as part of the Adobe ecosystem. But for the rest - Xd has only received more bugs with each update, it's been inconsistent and clunky eversince end 2019, when they decided to try to acquire Figma. It is what it is.

I assume with the advance of AI dev copilots we might be seeing more tools similar to Webflow where you can design freely and have an html5/css/js prototype built in real time in the background, merging design & development. But we'll see. I doubt Adobe will invest in this market anytime soon in any serious way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines