• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator or XD - for web pages

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone - Could you possibly give me your proffesional POV? We would like to know out of the Creative Suite software programmes what you feel is the best programme that is best suited for designing, building and producing assets for web pages - we where thinking illustrator or XD? We would greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you very much for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xd is specifically made for the purpose of designing apps and web pages. It will be easier to export and preview your designs with Xd, with the added ability to prototype interactions and user flows. Xd also provides more tools for developers to easily inspect and implement the various elements.

Where Xd falls short is illustration and working with complicated vector paths. It's not very suitable for creating the assets themselves. Illustrator will be a better choice for creating illustrations, icons and other complex vector elements.

My workflow includes both Illustrator and Xd. I create any complex graphics in Illustrator, and then copy them over to Xd where I create the layout and assemble everything for the final design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone - Could you possibly give me your professional POV? We would like to know out of the Creative Suite software programmes what you feel is the best programme that is best suited for designing, building and producing assets for web pages - we where thinking illustrator or XD? We would greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you very much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In XD you can design and create a prototype of your website and then handover to developer to code it for you. I'll leave this discussion open for expert suggestions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe XD is absolutly the way to go for designing webpages or websites. I use Photoshop and Illustrator to work on supporting graphics and then bring them into XD when needed, XD was made to design website and apps. Illustrator has no prototyping features, and XD's components will be very useful in building/updating designs. Lastly, the ability to create shareable links that not only can be viewed by anyone (such as clients), but also offer developers help in turning your design into code (by providing them the specs they need), all that makes XD the right choice. Those are just a few of the reasons off the top of my head.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines