• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Import & Export]-Black path borders sometimes not exported (.svg) in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm making custom SF Symbols using Apples templates from the SF Symbols app on macOS. I've exported templates from the app and placed them into separate artboards for each icon. I have then gone ahead and replaced the template icons with my own. I have several of these artboards in a single project .xd file.

I've noticed that black borders (of varying sizes) of paths without a fill background sometimes aren't exported when I export the artboards. I.e. nothing is rendered in the .svg when I export an outlined icon without a fill.

I've sometimes been able to export properly by:

• Changing the color of the border to #010101
  • Changing the fill from no fill to 1% #FFFFFF
  • Copying the artboard in question to another .xd project and exporting from there

Any ideas about what is causing this behaviour?

I tried attaching a project file in which this error occurs, but apparently it's not allowed (some obscure error  message saying "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type").

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Import and export , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your observation. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties? We would also request you to please upvote the request mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties 

In order to share the file, you may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or dropbox & share the u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your observation. Would you mind checking this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties? We would also request you to please upvote the request mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties 

In order to share the file, you may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or dropbox & share the url with me over a private message so that we can also investigate at our end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something similar here 🙋🏼‍

So I am using Adobe XD to create software prototypes and stuff. I designed an icon in it and in the export stage, I am facing a weird problem. This is the icon, when exported as PNG, which exports as is (true to the design) -  

MrittickChoudhury_0-1640789018544.png

However, this is what happens when exported as SVG (tried all permutations and combinations of the SVG export parameters, still same results) - 

MrittickChoudhury_2-1640789018272.png

Notice how the lower-left portion of the icon-design is completely messed-up? That's the bug. 

Similar problems are showing-up while exporting other SVGs as well, which is forcing us to export them inn PNG, but it's not the ideal scenario and hampers us from using lottie-animations, which is a dealbreaker for our product. 

Kindly requesting for some support and a fix please. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines