• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it allowed to reselling files from Adobe XD?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

i'm working on a business project and I would like put for sale adobe xd files on a webshop I own.

is it allowed to do that with adobe files ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

<Title renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Hmm yes reselling part, allowing an asset/design to be used in commercial projects is one thing, and reselling those is another in that case, regardless of the marketplace you have in mind to resell, you need to have the permission of the designer/creator (whether a team or not) of the aset/design. What I would do is contacting (unless the owner/s of the design clearly explain/s the terms for reselling on their site/page) and making it sure since you don't want to have trouble on that issue, am

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Clementespace, if I'm not missing something, as designers do on famous marketplaces like Adobe Stock, Envato etc you totally have the right to sell a design you created in XD, as long as designs are done by you. The only thing I'd check is making sure whether the assets I use (images, icons, fonts etc) are allowed to be used in a design to be sold (like purchased or free/allowed to be used in commercial projects stock photos, icons other assets) I'm sure my other expert friends will add if I'm missing something here. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your complete reply. Do you think it could work to sell a design if the design have been made by a team and the team sell it on in own website ? (instead of a solo freelancer). I understand what you talk the assets, I have learn about that.

Clément

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm yes reselling part, allowing an asset/design to be used in commercial projects is one thing, and reselling those is another in that case, regardless of the marketplace you have in mind to resell, you need to have the permission of the designer/creator (whether a team or not) of the aset/design. What I would do is contacting (unless the owner/s of the design clearly explain/s the terms for reselling on their site/page) and making it sure since you don't want to have trouble on that issue, am I right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines