• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is XD dead?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that XD is no longer listed on Adobe's website. https://www.adobe.com/de/products/xd.html leads directly to a support page. Is there any information available as to when Figma will become a part of the CC subscription? I don't think it makes sense to start new projects with XD anymore.... 

TOPICS
Announcement , Import and export , Plug-ins , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one really knows what will happen. Adobe has given some startling projections about XD - but nothing final. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fabian B.,

Thank you for reaching out. As rightly said by our expert Joseph. We will continue to serve our existing Adobe XD customers. Post close, we look forward to engaging with the XD and Figma communities to understand ways we could add value. Key info: adobe.ly/3BEzZ2n.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not an Adobe employee and have no insider knowledge, so everything I say is based on my outsider's take and industry experience.

Adobe can't officially give too many details until the acquisition of Figma is approved (it has to pass government regulators). If that purchase is approved it looks like XD would be shelved (it has basically been in maintenance mode for quite some time because of this). There is no timeline in which the regulators have to approve (or not approve) the acquisition, so we're all sort of waiting in limbo land.

Just the other day I read some rumor articles that the acquisition of Figma may be blocked, in which case I'm not sure what Adobe will do. For now know that XD is still being supported, but not really being actively developed (very few new features are being added). No one can really see into the future to know what will happen.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines