• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large Project Performance Issues - Best Solutions?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a Project, lets call it R3, that is almost 880 MB and performance is just excruciating. Opening the project takes 10+ minutes, any minimal changes within the project stall out, updating the share link takes at least 30 minutes, and even closing the project usually results in having to force quit.

What are my options?

I've tried to ask Adobe XD Support this question to no avail - they tell me to come here to the community.

I've heard about publishing the R3 Document Assets, putting them into their own file (lets call it Library), making them local to Library file and using that linked Library in R3. But in order for that to help performance, I would have to delete the local document assets in R3, right? Wouldn't I lose all connections I've made between screens and components if I do this?

Are there other options that won't create a ton of re-connecting work? We're talking around 200 screens, lots of components that are nested, etc, and everything is connected- screens, components, etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  4. Please collect and share spin dum files by following the steps shared below:

For Windows:

• Launch Task Manager
  • Select the Adobe XD process
  • Right click on the Adobe XD process
  • Select “Create dump file”
  • This will generate a binary file

For macOS:

• Launch Activity Monitor
  • Select Adobe XD process (might show as “Not Responding”)
  • Click on the gear in the upper left of the Activity Monitor
  • Select “Spindump”
  • This will generate a text file

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines