• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost entire day work in XD 41 version and unable to install the previous version of ADOBE XD.

Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried several times, restarted my computer, did everything I could, it just fails. I am having an horrible time, struggling a lot with the latest XD version. I simply lost my entire day of work divided in

- Component states disappearing

- Gamepad actions disappearing

- Control Z stopping to work

- Total fail (need to close my file and open again every 30 minutes, and wait for the surprise to know which part of my work on the prototype I lost)

Windows 10. XD version 41. My file is saved on the cloud. I work with Xbox and PS gamepads, so I need to assign many gamepad actions to the same button.  

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Data loss , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NaraSilva,

does this problem occur with all files? Have you tried to log out and log back into your Adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occurs with all my files, definitely the update messed up the keys and gamepad  events. Please let me know if there is something else I can do to revert my adobe xd to the last version.  I am really disappointed to not be able to work having so much to deliver on Monday. I have a prototype in adobe XD that I have been working for 6 months, not being able to fix this is not a choice to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand what you are going through and we're extremely sorry for the frustration. If you need immediate assistance, you can directly connect with us using our Contact Us page  otherwise, you can upload your XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM so that I can log a bug for your issue for investigation purposes.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I cannot upload my XD file due to confidentiality issues. But I have tried to reproduce the errors in another clean file and it all happens again. You can reproduce it too, its just a matter of working on one file for more then 10 minutes, trying to add gamepad events inside nested components. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's definitely not expected behavior. Would you mind connecting with our Adobe support directly so that they can remote into your system and find the root cause of the issue and log a bug for it? 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines