• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac trackpad Pinch zoom is not working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a XD file, pinch zoom on trackpad works fine, open a second XD document and Pinch zoom disables.  It also disables pinch zoom / rotate on every other opened app or any app you open after.  Must restart computer but issue repeats after opening a second XD file

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. It looks like this is an OS-specific issue. Please check this thread. Are you experiencing the same with other Adobe apps like Photoshop, Illustrator? Please also check the workaround suggested here

We would recommend connecting with the apple support team to check if it's an issue on their end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & macOS.
  2. Is this happening with other Adobe applications or only with XD?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

MacOs 10.14.6
XD 35.1.12.5

It works fine with other Adobe applications, until XD is opened. Then
pinch/zoom/rotate on trackpad stop working on all opened applications
including Adobe, browsers, Preview, etc. All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same set up but mine works fine - may be graphics card specific issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this mbp has a Radeon Pro 455 2 GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling the Wacom driver, trackpad responds good on XD. I have always
used the tablet for years with no problem until XD recent updates. All of
my apps work fine using both trackpad and tablet.
This is bug is triggered only by XD using Wacom Intuos tablet. The rest of Adobe apps I use work fine with the wacom driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like it could be related to switching applications. I noticed closing Chrome helps. I'm on MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 and Chrome Version 111.0.5563.146. To replicate, open multiple chrome windows and tabs, then multiple XD projects and switch back and forth. Frustratingly, it can happen immediately, or can happen after several hours of working, but it will happen, and the only remedy is to close one or both applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith239501408xwz ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. If it happens next time, please take note of the time-stamp, collect system logs, and share it with us. We'll investigate it further to assist you with this.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start, Pinch zoom is enabled on my Mac, and it works on every app (inlcuding Adobe Creative Cloud apps) I use a 2018 Wacom Intuos tablet with the latest driver and the gesture works fine having just ONE XD file opened, but as soon as I open a second XD file the trackpad pinch/ zoom stops working. In fact, it stops working on any other app I have open including Preview, Chrome, Safari, Adobe... all apps in my Macbook Pro.  It also disables pinch zoom / rotate gesture. To fix this I must restart the mac.  After restart, the trackpad works, until I open 2 XD files...

Thinking that wss problem of the wacom driver, I contacted Wacom support and reinstaled the driver various times according to steps given by them, but nothing, the pinch gesture still freeze opening a second XD file. In fact I did restored a recent backup I made before I updated XD, but nothing yet. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for sharing a detailed description. In order to narrow this issue down, I'd request you to uninstall the Wacom Intuos drivers and check if this still happens. We also need some more details from your machine. 

• Which OS build and version of XD are you using? 
  • Please create a new user account and check if you have the same experience. 
  • Collect logs using this link (https://adobe.ly/33A48NK). Please upload the file to CC or Dropbox and share the link via PM

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
As requested:
MacOS Mojave
XD 35.1.12.5
The log is AdobeLogs_20201126_093458_296-mac.zip, already uploaded on Adobe
LogCollector Portal

Uninstalling the Wacom driver, trackpad responds good on XD. I have always
used the tablet for years with no problem until XD recent updates. All of
my apps work fine using both trackpad and tablet.
This is bug is triggered only by XD using Wacom Intuos tablet. The rest of
Adobe apps I use work fine with the wacom driver.

Best regards,

Diego Fries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Wacom Intous, the Trackpad zoom /pinch not working on XD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing a similar issue lately as well, since 10th Feb. to be exact.
I can run 2 or more Xd files simultaneously without issues yet after a while pinch-to-zoom stops working on all of them.
Restarting Xd seems to help for a bit but then pinch-to-zoom goes back to broken, only in Xd though. At the same time it works fine with other applications.

I'm running a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
Adobe Xd version: 47.1.22.2 arm64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same setup as you. In my case, I found that if I turn the trackpad off, then back on, it starts working again, but only temporarily. It is a good work around until they get the fix in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)

This makes XD unusable on a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue for the past week or so (I'm working on a Macbook Pro 2020 with latest OS and latest Xd update). Please address this, pinch and zoom is an essential feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Have been for months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issue for months. I have to close XD to make it working. It is so random as it works then it stops and works again. From what I have spotted, when you are working on 2 screens and you are focusing other program like Google Chrome and you are clicking back on to XD zoom doesn't work. But when you click on Chrome again and back to XD it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & macOS.
  2. Is this happening with other Adobe applications or only with XD?
  3. Does this happen only when the system is connected to an extended monitor or does this happen without it as well?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh.
To answer your questions:

• MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), macOS Monterey 12.2.1
  • Adobe Xd version: 48.1.12.10 arm64
  • Issue takes place when not connected to an outside monitor (I have not tested this with a connected monitor)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One update to the above:
With the lates Xd updates I have noticed that the exact moment pinch-to-zoom stop working is when I open another prototype in Xd - it's instantaneous. As long as just one prototype is open everything works like a charm.

Here are the exact steps that lead to this issue:

1.  A prototype is opened - all's well, pinch-to-zoom works like a charm
  2.  Click the Home icon Seba_J_0-1646910170859.png , select another cloud prototype and click to open
  3.  Second prototype opens -> this is precisely when pinch-to-zoom stops working for all open prototypes

I hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the steps. I tried the steps on XD version 49 and was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you please update XD to the latest version and then check? If it still doesn't work, will it be possible for you to share a small video of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am facing issues in zoom in and out in xd since the last update. My other friends are also facing the same issue. This is hampering my work a lot since it occurs in every 10-15 mins. Please help me in resolving the same asap.

<Title renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what OS are you running Adobe XD on? Does this problem occur on all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines