Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple drag/time triggers in XD not working

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I have a long complicated prototype, where are many dragging elements. And the first "drag/time"-triggers work and two others do not. Could it be connected with the number of triggers in one prototype?

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Oh in that case, I'd suggest pasting those problematic elements/that part to an empty test file and try there, let's see how it's going to be 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Natalia23148665cll1, since I don't have a detailed info about your file/prototype, I can only say, time trigger works between artboards only, not for individual elements/interactions, that might be why, but for drag trigger, it's possible to use for multiple elements. Thinking what I'd do, since it's going to be for prototyping purposes, I'd use some hover etc triggers and hover over the elements to simulate multiple time triggers between two artboards (If it's a mobile prototype, I know there's not "hover" on mobile but as I said just for simulating/prototyping some interactions) Also maybe creating the prototype in steps, showing one interaction at a time and then creating another time trigger from the next artboard to a third  one might be a solution (and maybe in some situations using an element in a smaller artboard inside of a bigger one to connect it to another artboard etc) These look like the current options. Hope this helps, feel free to update us for any new questions!

You might also want to upvote this feature request on XD Uservoice: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/41748127-add-multi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akin! Unfortunately not.

It is about a drag&drop menu and all triggers are well placed. Jap, time is between artboards & etc and I am checking connections regularly.

But the prototype itself works randomly: the first drag-trigger works today, and tomorrow does suddenly not. And it happens with all of them (I have about 4 drag/time groups for the drag&drop menu). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I got really curious abut this, I'd like to examine a similar example of the file, it'd be great if you could share a simplified/unbranded etc dummy version of the UI prototype (even if it's a small part of it, just enough to demonstrate the problem), please update me if it's possible I'd like to examine as I said (and if you're not comfortable sharing even a simplified/unbranded etc version of the prototype you can message me and I'll have a look). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just one idea, that prototype is too big and it is problems with the cloud. But maybe there are some tricks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh in that case, I'd suggest pasting those problematic elements/that part to an empty test file and try there, let's see how it's going to be 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same or similar issue. Sometimes they work. I open the file later. They don't work. Test file here:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3yw6p3jge9ps7o8w5r37e/drag-triggers-don-t-work.xd?rlkey=3ux7w7z6vu5mz...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the testing file. I tested it, and it doesn't work on my end as well. I also added another artboard and when tested on the same file then drag triggers works. So I am going to get this checked by the team and will update you.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines