• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse and XD

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stunned by Adobe's announcement they are discontinuing Muse. One of their three suggestions:

"If you are building complex websites and applications, you can now use Adobe XD.  Although XD does not generate web-ready code as Adobe Muse did, XD is an all-in-one solution that allows users to design, prototype and collaborate with stakeholders and developers to bring their websites to life.  Additional details here."

I AM building a complex site with Muse and from what I can see XD will not allow me to fluidly design breakpoints, create a master page, easily organize and link multiple pages, and most important, publish it.

Adobe has left Muse users with weak options. I began using Muse in December after passing on Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, and WordPress. My site launched in March.

Adobe, are you going to improve XD so we really can build "complex websites?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

I highly doubt XD will become a Muse replacement. That was never its intended goal. XD was born to answer the need for interaction designers to quickly prototype and export their assets to various other solutions.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt XD will become a Muse replacement. That was never its intended goal. XD was born to answer the need for interaction designers to quickly prototype and export their assets to various other solutions.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I recommend Adobe change its message to Muse users that "if you are building complex websites...you can now use XD." It's misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the "building" part is misleading. "Designing" would be more appropriate.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with rickjern. I used Muse to build and publish a website for a non-profit organization. I design and build myself--no collaboration--and I'm not a "coder," so I don't need the collaborative features of XD and I don't want to waste all that design time only to be unable to publish my work. How about making it possible to export an XD design to Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still using Muse, you can only export your muse as html instead of publishing it.

That html could get loaded into pinegrow for example, to name only one I know, which can work with

existing html.

As Dw was always too useless for me as a noncoder, I can at least mention pinegrow as another workflow in addition to Muse. Not sure, why to post this in XD-forum, though.

I am wondering what kind of file is exported/is the result of the workflow in XD.

It is not mentioned anywhere, at least obviously, maybe hidden somewhere?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines