• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nav Menu and Animate in Xd

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created my navigation menu for my company site. It works fine, I created a bar that is like elastic. So when you go from the home page to the contact page, the elastic bar does not stretch across the entire navigation. It will only stretch to the icon next to itself (if this makes sense).

It will work smoothly though.

So for intsance:

Home Portfolio About Store Contact

The bar will do the elastic streatch from Home to Portfolio,

But the bar will not do the elastic streatch from Home to Contact. It will just move to Contact in the navigation menu.

I can't seem to find a fix. If anyone knows how to do this, I would surly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot. I blurred the design except for the part I am talking about.

I have not put a trademark on the items in the menu yet so I dont want to share that part but I can explain.

If you look to the left of my menu, you will see a small line. When I click on the icon below the icon that has the line, the line will react accordingly by stretching then going back to its original size.

But if I click on the bottom icon, the bar that is at the top will not stretch it remains the same size while it animates. I am not sure what step I am missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for capture. Ti find a bug we need a project to see how its work. IMHO you have missed rollback action for the line, but i am not sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, I let me fix that real quick. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a tutorial on the rollback action. I have learned Adobe Xd in 3 days and there is still more to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best resources is Adobe XD Help. Its includes video tutorials and all facilities that Adobe xd have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe help section allot, is there any video in particular that I should watch? I have searched Adobe Xd Help, but I could not find that video that would help me. Maybe I am not looking up the right terminology?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @1KMd,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to what our expert has suggested in this post. Please check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNnYNI8giFo&ab_channel=PunitChawla, which might help you.

I am also keeping the discussion open for our expert, who might have more suggestions for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that video, but it does not show how to resolve the issue that I am having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that is exaclty what I have done for my nav bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have not figured out what I am missing. I am still having problems with the menu not animating properly when I jump around from page to page when clicking on the icons that take me to another page.

I am seeing that a response to help is not very good. I have seen the videos of Adobe Xd help. I usually go there to resolve small issues. But I am not finding a resolution to my issue.

The video that is posted as a response was not helpful. I found that video about the time I was creating my menu. I am not sure what to look up or what terminology I need to use to do a websearch for my particular question.

I know there is a step that I am missing and I cant figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines