• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Xd desktop shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't create Xd desktop shortcut from what I find in my search result in Windows 10. I can locate all other Adobe apps that are installed and I can drag icon shortcuts directly from the start menu in W10 onto my desktop, but that's still not possible with Xd. I can see the new Xd icon in the menu itself (the one that changed after beta) but as before it's impossible to place it on the desktop. I can't find the icon in C: Program Files either, as a matter of fact I can't find any Xd references there at all but I can see folders for all the other Adobe apps I have installed.

The only way for me to actually open the Xd app is to use the CC app installer and click Open next to the Xd icon inside the app panel. What's going on here?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have changed CC plans, and have a newer OS build but still this very same XD icon issue appears. First, the icon works from the desktop straight after installment, then suddenly it becomes a white icon like you can see attached. Totally odd. Still can't drag any XD icon from W10 menu and no option to make an XD shortcut from file explorer in W10. This issue still is XD only, it doesn't apply to the other Adobe desktop icons.

XD_W10menu.pngXD_W10_desktop_icond.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines