Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Official Word on the Future of XD

Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

via Bloomberg

Adobe Inc. will end its effort to create a web design product to rival Figma Inc. after the collapse of its proposed $20 billion acquisition of the startup.

"We have no plans to further invest in it," a spokesperson said Tuesday of XD.

"We are focused on the opportunity we have across imaging, photography, design, web, animation and 3D, as well as Express and Firefly the spokesperson said.

TOPICS
Announcement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DONT NEED MORE AI FUNC.

BRING MY XD SERVICE BACK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keeping xd will the best way to start, after they should try to be different of figma (tech-design) vs (create-design)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mentioned in the same article:

With billions of dollars that would have gone toward Figma freed up, some Wall Street analysts wondered whether Adobe would attempt to build another competing product design app. The spokesperson said the company is open to exploring partnerships with other companies in the space.

This confirms XD is truly dead. The fact that Adobe's spokeperson admitted to being open to "partnerships with other companies in the space" is the final nail in XD's coffin.

It's over for XD. And I would not be surprised if Adobe waits it out for a while, and then buys Protopie, or a similar up-and-coming prototyping tool, and maintain the original company's infrastructure and team(s). That's exactly what they've done with Substance Designer/Painter, and this approach is far more flexible and future-proof. Besides, too many mistakes were made with XD and as far as I can tell XD isn't salvagable for Adobe (neither in the market nor in its current development state).

But no matter how all of this pans out: XD's time is done and over with. RIP XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

😞 I loved XD so much more than Figma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines