• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Plugins] Update to Adobe XD 31 uninstalled my plugins

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, couldn't the system at least warn us? And it isn't the first time it happens.

TOPICS
Plug-ins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Hi All,

It looks like the issue is resolved with the latest update of XD 31.2. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version and share the results with us? 

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm Korean student and i have question about Error.

I'm using  Win 10 and when i installing plugin I'm have a problem

Help me Pls!!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 11.50.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, 

Sorry to hear that, 

Can you please try by delete C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Configuration\DB\ ExMan.db file.

relaunch CCD and XD.

Please let me know if its help.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not work..TT

I deleted ExMan.db, and relaunched creative cloud and XD.

But ExMan.db appear again, install errors are still remain..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear, just confirming, you quit XD and CCD , deleted Exman.db file and Relaunch [CCD Relauch on Win(Ctrl+Alt+R)].

After deleting db file it will get generated again on relaunching CCD.

Can you confirm you are getting error with only one plugin or with all plugin. On which version of XD you are working?

I'd recommend contacting us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Thanks, 

Vertika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Екранна снимка (182).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are unable to install the plugins in XD. We would request you to please try the solution suggested in the correct answer to this post and let us know if that helps.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I read through the solution but couldn't find ExMan.db anywhere on my computer. I'm on windows 10. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vesela,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need a few more details to troubleshoot this for you. I have sent you a DM, could you please check.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am finding a problem installing Adobe XD plugins, it reloads infinite times and does not install. Please help me out of this problem this is happening after the new update on mid-july 2020.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by chance this problem also occurs with other plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ambarish,

I am sorry for the trouble you are experiencing while installing plugins in XD. As Italo said, if it's happening with a specific plugin, please try to sign out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in and see if that helps.

If it's happening with all the plugin, please try the solution suggested in the correct answer of this post.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem with others plugins. I've tried what you said but nothing changes 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Plugins are gone and none will install, tried several plugins but it just keeps spinning. The forum link that all Adobe staff keep posting which suggests deleting an exman.db file does not work. There is no such Configuration folder in which this file exists. Running Mac. Are there any real solutions? I have been on phone with support for hours and noone has any real ideas except to delete folders and the uninstall and reinstall which does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gruen,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We tested this on our end and we can see that file at that location, so could you please type exman.db in the finder and then try to navigate to that location and then do as suggested above and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried that. What I am trying to say is that no such file exists. I searched the entire Adobe folder for that file and it does not exist. Please advise thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a log file which stated the following.

07/28/20 08:17:34:411 | [ERROR] | | exchangeplugin | EMCL | | | | 7093 | CExtensionManager::init: initDatabase() failed, status = -501!

06/19/20 17:08:57:505 | [ERROR] | | exchangeplugin | EMCL | | | | 9900 | CExtensionManager::createDBPath: makeWritableForAllUsers() failed, status = -163!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried the soluction that worked for some people on my Windows 10, but even after that, I can't install any plugins on my XD. What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update (27.07.2020) all my plugins are gone and I cannot install them because it shows an error without any error code. I cannot work without the "zeroheight" plugin. Please help!

2020-07-28 08_50_30-Unbenannt — 28. Juli, 08.50.07 ‎- Adobe XD.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/plugins-update-to-adobe-xd-31-uninstalled-my-plugins/td-p/11...

Let us know if it helps or if you need any further assistance.

I have also sent you a DM regarding few additional details so please check.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get my extensions back after several days of trying. Closing down Creative Cloud Desktop (CCD) wasn't working. I needed to go to start-up apps and turn it off there, then reboot, otherwise turning it off after it started up didn't allow me to change the .db file name. I'm just putting this out there for other people who are still struggling. (I'm on a Windows 10 machine).

TO THE STAFF: When you say add .old 'at the end' I think you should stipulate whether you mean the end of the file name or the end of the extension or whether to replace the extension completely with .old. It probably doesn't matter but it's still not good enough just to say 'at the end'. Secondly, there's also the assumption that everyone knows what CCD means. Please, this is frustrating enough without having to guess what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use this sulution, there's no even such location. What else can I do?
I'm using Windows 10 Pro, my xd version is 31.1.12.

edit: ok, I found it after closing Xd and CC

edit2: deleting ExMan file changed nothing, still I can't install any plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. After deleting the file, please reboot your computer and then check. If this doesn't help either, I'd request you to please share system logs through DM by following the steps below:

1. ExManCoreLibLog.YES (create an empty text file with this name) at:

Mac : /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/
Win : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log\

2. asu.trace (create an empty text file with this name) at:

Mac : /Users/***/Library/Logs
Win : C:\Users***\AppData\Local\Temp

Once you created an empty text file, please install plugins and then share: 

1. Share EMCL.log file at 
    Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log/EMCL.log
    Win : C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log\EMCL.log

2. Share ACC.log file at 
    Mac : /Users/***/Library/Logs/CreativeCloud/ACC/ACC.log 
    WIn : C:\Users***\AppData\Local\Temp\CreativeCloud\ACC\ACC.log
  3. Share ExMan.db from 
    Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Configuration/DB/ExMan.db
    Win : C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Configuration\DB\ExMan.db

Note: Please add the logs files in shared storage and then share the link in DM and add this discussion link as the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been trying to install plugins in XD but I can't seem to succeed. Whenever I click the install button, the animation wheel endlessly rotates but the plugins never download. How do I resolve this?

I've restarted the computer and reinstalled the apps but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarthak,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/plugins-update-to-adobe-xd-31-uninstalled-my-plugins/td-p/11...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I try to install any plugin it gives error. I'm using windows 10.image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines