Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to download an XD design ??

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've lost the laptop that I was doing all my XD designs on and don't have a backup of my work.

Is it possible to download the last instance I had uploaded to the Creative Cloud for comments from my stakeholders? I have the link/URL to it and can view it in the browser, but don't know if it is possible to download it to my computer.

If not, I'll have to recreate weeks worth of work. Oh well!!!

Would appreciate if anyone can give me some pointers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Share links are not full XD files. They are only meant to be looked at and cannot be turned back into XD documents.

What Preran​ was referring to is if you saved your original XD files into your Creative Cloud storage, then you can retrieve it. Otherwise hopefully you've learned an important lesson... make frequent backups!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have saved your work to the Creative Cloud, you should be able to find it in your creative cloud folder.

Browse, sync, and manage Adobe Creative Cloud assets

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share links are not full XD files. They are only meant to be looked at and cannot be turned back into XD documents.

What Preran​ was referring to is if you saved your original XD files into your Creative Cloud storage, then you can retrieve it. Otherwise hopefully you've learned an important lesson... make frequent backups!

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole point of using the Creative Cloud document storage system is that it automatically backs up your files for you.  If you can't save XD files using Adobe's online backup service, therefore making you create your own backup with another service (or an offline backup), doesn't that defeat the purpose of using the Creative Cloud backup system when it comes to XD files?  I just don't see why XD files have to be treated so differently from any other file on the Creative Cloud file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is pretty rude. Adobe keeps marking all these issues as "solved" but the fact is that we can't download XD files from Creative Cloud. This is a broken system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It makes no sense that my XD project is fully accessible and working in the "published" section but can not be downloaded as XD files. Instead of rebuking your users on how to use a flawed system, maybe improve the service you're providing. No wonder XD lost so badly to Figma. Your "answer" was given 5 years ago, by now hopefully you've learned an important lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that I think OP and I both are having a problem with is that even though we've saved the file in our Creative Cloud folder on the computer and it's synced to the web, we cannot download the file from assets.adobe.com.  I can download any file, but when it comes to XD files, I don't get the option to download it.  The XD files also don't appear to sync across my devices properly, which is very frustrating when I work on something on my desktop at home, click save, it shows that all files are up to date on both my laptop and desktop, and then I open my laptop and the file from the CC synced folder and the file is out of date regardless of what the program says.

Not sure if OP is also having this problem, but this is a huge issue for continuity in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - I save my original XD file to Creative Cloud - it syncs from work.  I go home and work on it from my laptop at home, save and when I get back to work none of the updates are synced to my work computer.  If I look on assets.adobe.com the most recent file is there but I can't download it and it won't sync back down to my work computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared, sorry that you are unable to use the synced file at home. I would request you to gather the logs from your machine and share it with us so that we may assist you appropriately.

Please run this tool here: - Log Collector Tool. Upload the zip file to CC or Dropbox and share the link with us using a private message?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue - I can download any file from assets.adobe.com/files/ except XD files, I've resorted to emailing them to myself if i'm likely to be working remotely but even if the syncing is forever going to be an issue, I think it's critical that files saved in CC online are accesible via download!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is (abuse removed by moderator) as (abuse removed by moderator) i shared link and my doc is not saved now (abuse removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines