Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Possible to transfer ownership of an XD file?

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the owner of our design system master file built in Adobe XD. I am leaving the company and we need to transfer ownership to one of my collaborators so they can publish updates. I have co-editing enabled but it appears only I can push the share updates. Once the company deletes my adobe account will my team be able to take ownership, manage the file and, publish updates? 

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louise, 

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion on the community which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/transfer-ownership-of-a-file-to-a-different-account/m-p/1106... 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, It seems like based on the response this is not currently possible? The team will need to maintain the links to the original components as they are used as the basis of our design system. The share links are being used by our dev team to build out our website. I realize this is not your fault but this is a serious issue for enterprise teams. People leave companies all the time and it really must be made a feature to easily transfer ownership when this occurs. Is the only workaround that they maintain my adobe account after I leave? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, 

Following up on this poster's question as well. Is this feature slated to be worked on in the near future? It's a very necessary feature for teams to be able to transfer ownership (or have multiple owners) of XD files, libraries and design systems. The discussion you linked to does resolve this or give an information about when users can expect this. Can you please let us know any information on the status of this request? 

Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. As of now, we don't have a time frame by when this would be available, having said that, let me assure you that I'll share your feedback with the Engineering and product management team and you can do that too by voting for this request to add voice to the feature https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/20173018-transfer-...

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or feedback.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines