Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with exporting SVG

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I never had any problems with this usinf icon fonts (mainly font awesome) in my work and exporting it to svg, but I think the last update messed this up a bit.

Basically, if I either export an icon as SVG, or download it from the live specs, the result will be a corrupt svg file, which crashes Photoshop or Illustrator if I want to open it with them.

Also, it doesn't show in the app when the developers are trying to use them.

I am using this file

https://xd.adobe.com/view/88d270e4-b66b-47da-852f-e393e1b690f5-dd81/screen/294a0135-3d80-4521-bd64-9...

Please advise.

Thank you kindly,

Chris

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else had this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would like to know when you download the SVG using the download button in the design specs how does it shows. Is it converted to box or nothing?

• Please share the XD and the OS version of your machine.
  • Does that happen with this specific file or all the files?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thank you for your reply. It seems that the problem is persisting, making my clients pretty unhappy.

I did every possible test, and here are the rsults:

1. If I download an asset as SVG from the live specs, from any file, the SVG file will be corrupt. It seems that it doesn't matter whether it's an icon font or a vector, whatever I download as an SVG from the live specs cannot be used in developemnt, nor can it be opened with Photoshop or Illustrator.

2. The same thing happens if I export an asset as SVG directly from Adobe XD. I will have the same result as above.

3. I can open these files with Affinity Designer, another app I use, but I cannpt open them with Photoshop or Illustrator. So if I open ove of these SVG files with Affinity Designer, and then export it as an SVG from Affinity Designer, the result will be a good SVG file, which can be opened with Photosop and Illustrator, Which is very frustrating, besides being very ironic 🙂

Basically I have manually export every icon from XD, then open each of them with Affinity Designer, and then re-export each and every icon. It's a nightmare.

I use Adobe XD 43.0.12.14 and Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Thank you kindly,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the explaination, Chris. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can test at my end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location and share the URL with me. It would be really helpful if you can share the video of your workflow for better understanding.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

I noticed that this happens only with Font Awesome icon fonts, so it might be a problem on their end? Would you still like me to send you a file for reference?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines