• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project preview at iPad with XD App doesn't work.

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have serious problem with XD after update. I can't preview saved projects at my iPad with XD App because it isn't compatibile. Can't update XD at iPad because system doesn't allow. I'm using iPad Air 2 with iOS 12.5. How can I solve it?  There is no possibility to save project in older version.
TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked two hours wit Adobe Support. Rhere is no solution for such problem. The software for testing usability for App is completly unusable. This is tricky situation and very annoying when You pay for full licence a lot of money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Happy New Year!

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using XD on iPad. We would request you to please check the minimum system requirements page for XD on mobile devices here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/system-requirements.ug.html and please make sure you are meeting the requirements.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Happy New Year, 

When I took decision about buying licence it works in iPad, now it doesn’t. Under this link there is noe requirement about iPad System. It should work with elder system, if it works previously, shouldn’t it? I expect that there will be possibility to write mockups for App and test it with elder devices as it was before. And as it is with Indesign and illustrator. Now the XD software is uneuseful for testing usability, but It should be. AM I right? Is this software for designing App’s and website? Or maybe I missed something.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Please see the attached screenshot below for minimum requirements for XD on iPad.

HARSHIKA_VERMA_0-1611692094486.png

Let me know if that helps. Please let me know if I misunderstood your query.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Harshika,

I know minimum requirenments. Yes You misunderstood my problem. The raquirement for iOS Apple was changed last time to version iOS13.0 or higher. It makes this tool completly uneusefull, because lot o people use elder devices, which works correctly and it doesn't make sense to buy new one. But Adobe took decision that their software will stop cooperating with eleder systems. 

It also make uneusefull tool (Adobe XD) for testing usability at amart devices. Beacuse, as You can imagine it, it is impossible to display it on for eg. iPad v2.0 or iPhone 4s which have been working correctly since 2011. 

In this situation it will be good to change software from Adobe for another one and cancel subscription (which is not cheap). Or maybe Adobe team will revert possibility for using Adobe apps at elder systems?

My subscription is ending March 2021, so maybe it will be my last activity at Adobe Cloud, and I will not recommend Adobe software to anyone. There is so many competitive software and much more cheaper.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can imagine being on your side how annoying and frustrating it could be. I will definitely share your feedback with our team so that they can check and share their directions regarding this with us. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand it's frustrating when software drops support for older devices (especially when done prematurely). But please understand everything has trade offs. Supporting older devices and operating systems require more work, more testing, more developer resources that could have gone to developing new features. Apple does not support 10 year old devices and they made them, so it's hard to expect other companies to. Sketch certainly is not shy about requiring a pretty recent version, so XD is not alone. These types of design apps are still young and developing rapidly. All technology has an expiration date, and getting 10 years out of an iPhone or iPad is amazing, but at some point you have to know that not everything is going to work with them.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines