• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototypes content suddenly scales in browser

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on? Suddenly all my prototypes which opens on desktop in full screen are scalable! Now they adjust to fit the screen which they did not do yesterday...??

The problem is the same on several iMacs with OS Sierra 10.12.6, XD ver. 11.0.22.10

Here is a link to see it - the red arrows are not supposed to scale when the browser Window is resized. This goes for all my prototypes, old or new links, which worked fine before...

https://xd.adobe.com/view/3f24d5cb-87a7-4a85-569c-3ce0867b57d8-4915/?fullscreen

Henrik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik,

In fullscreen mode, the design is now fitting to width. Earlier, since the artboard width was much larger than available horizontal width, it was having scrollbars. As you are re-sizing the browser window, the design is constantly fitting itself in to avoid horizontal scrollbars.

Would you have wanted to show the horizontal scrollbars while reviewing the designs?

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arun,

is this something new? I just want to make sure the client sees the prototype in real size and not a scaled version.

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik,

Yes this is new behaviour in fullscreen mode. If you keep the browser window full size or make it same size as that of your designed artboard, then it would show up similar and not scale. Since content is now fitting in always, if you reduce browser window's width, it would proportionally scale down your design to keep entire design fit in width wise.

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arun

This is strange and also disappointing to me 🙂 

So what you are saying is that from now on I can no longer make a website prototype with a hero image stretching all across the screen, in other words a large artboard, without it maybe being scaled if the users browser for some reason should not be maximised to full screen size?

No real websites work like that, so I don't get it.

One of the main reasons to use XD was that you could be sure the client would see a 100% exact font size, image size and so on, on their own desktop screen.

/Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik,

If you have placed a hero image spanning across the artboard width, it would continue to be spanning end to end of the width even in here. Just that the entire design is getting fit to width of the browser, to show entire design in view at all times.

To understand a bit more - When you create a web artboard that is larger in size, and your client have to constantly move across horizontal scrollbars in order to see entire design end to end, is that behaviour desirable?

For all types of your projects, do you always want to have designs show in actual size even if it means designs getting cut width wise with horizontal scrollbars?

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arun

Thank you for your answer.

At best I would really wish that the artboard was always centered width wise, no matter how big it was - just like most real websites. I very rarely come across websites that are left adjusted in the browser. Then you could create the illusion of very wide images spanning outside of view, without the user having to adjust the scroll bars.

What annoys me is the fact we as designers often do not know how the client sees the prototype - how is their browser size on their computer, is it maximized og minimized or what. As it is now with XD there is a big risk that they will see typefaces and images in a completely wrong size, and we will have to assure them that "it will be different on the finished site". On of the great things about XD was just that, in my view. Before XD we had to send website mockup's as a pdf or as a jpeg and never know what zoom and size the client would see it in.

At least it would be great if there was an option to choose 100% view.

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henrik,

I see your point about having an option for you to choose between 100% view or fit to width.

Out of curiosity, do you design websites that are responsive (across Mobile, Tablet and Web)? If so, how is that design shown to your clients today?

I am asking this to understand the use case where-in, imagine that my developed website is responsive and based on browser size, the elements, fonts, etc are resized proportionally. Kind of the behaviour that fullscreen is trying to mimic now.

Thanks,

Arun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arun

Make no mistake, I like XD very, very much, it's a GREAT tool to present prototypes. I just don't see what reason there is to suddenly have desktop prototypes scale to fit, as this is not how real websites behave.

The good thing about the recent change is that the design is now centered, instead of left adjustment as it was a few days ago.

Today we present responsive designs like this, giving the client options to choose what prototype version to try, mobile, tablet or desktop view:

https://xd.adobe.com/view/0ca95a44-352c-4ef0-78ca-07e74451430f-7a98/?fullscreen

Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines