• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about web selections from a host as it relates to Internet devices.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about Adobe XD and then turning a desktop website, a tablet size website and a phones sized website into functioning websites.  Once completed in XD and turned t into functioning websites with code manufactured by WordPress by Yoda can the size alter?  If the monitor size, tablet size, or phone size of another device is larger or smaller than art board sizes, do these websites alter to fit other screens?  Do they adjust themselves to different monitor sizes etc. phone sizes etc.?  

How do Internet devices distinguish between monitor, tabloid, and phone sizes from a host?  How does a cell phone select the cell phone version as opposed to a monitor or tabloid? I suppose it does and it should not be a concern.

When you have built portfolio web sites, will Adobe cloud have a hosting function for the members of Adobe? 

I would appreciate any input to these questions as I am new to XD.

Thanks Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William37179699l8vj with your first two questions: With so many people having different screen szies from desktop to mobile, when a web developer builds the website, they would (or should) build it to be responsive so that the screen changes from mobile to tablet to desktop and vice-versa. This ensures a positive user experience regardless of the platform.

Second question. Yes, hosting is included with any Creative Cloud subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  In regards to question number two, that hosting is included with any Creative Cloud subscription.  Is that hosting seen by only other Creative Cloud individuals or is it seen on the worldwide web, available for anyone to see anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anywhere in the world @William37179699l8vj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William37179699l8vj if you are using Adobe Portfolio the hosting is provided by Adobe. But, if you decide to create your own 'Portfolio,' using WordPress, then you need to find your own hosting platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

That's disappointing.  I designed a graphic designers website in XD and was going to use WordPress to give it the HTML functionality.  I am basically retired, but wanted to post my projects in a website. I was under the impression that Adobe Cloud would host the website, but that is not the case?  Correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct @William37179699l8vj . I guess you could find free hosting but it would be limited of course. Or you can also get the lowest tier of a hosting plan. That's what I have for my blog/website. 

One of the tricks (I tell this to my students too)....is when you enter the payment, don click 'buy' yet. If you attempt to close the broswer after entering payment details, the companies (I tried this on two sites, HostGator and BlueHost), and they offered me another 25% off, on a deal that is already 40% off. 

Well, I close it. The next day, I get an email, offering not 25% off, but another 35% off...so 40% off plus, another 35% off. Sold!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, What program did you use for your web site?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Can WordPress give function to a contact page that I have built?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William37179699l8vj sorry, what do you mean? Can a WordPress have a contact page?  Short answer...yes...it also depends on how you want it. A form. By email. By social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a website in Xd, when is complete, I will use the plug-in YOTAKO WordPress.   In  Adobe Xd, I have made three rectangles that are labeled Name, Email, and Message.  I would like to give function to these contact boxes? Can WordPress give function to type-in boxes that I have built, I don't know?   I haven't found answers in YouTube videos or the usual information sources.  There is a plug-in that seems popular called XPforms. This plug-in is not available in Adobe Cloud plug-ins.  I have also heard of plug-in called Jotform plug-in, also not available in the plug-ins for Xd.  I want functionality to the form I constructed not add a premade form. 

In Xd I can make a direction symbol, sideways V and add a hyperlink to my own email thus my own Mac email pops up.  I would rather use the type-in contact boxes that are so common and protect my email address from exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William37179699l8vj short answer...yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if you could expand a little on what I will see? What are the mechanics on the functionality to the contact form?  Did you make your web site and blog in Xd and then use WordPress?  Does WordPress use the traditional code excepted by web hosts?  I would give the four letter acronym but these forms of communications don't like to see those four letters of the alphabet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William37179699l8vj honestly, I didn't even bother using Xd for my design. My students kept on bugging me all the time, and I just needed something quick. I picked a theme, and customized it as much as I could. I should in theory re-design it, with the use of some other features like YouTube API and other stuff...but, for me, it's just a blog with my course notes and stuff that they may find interesting. It is also when I have the time to post, which isn't as often as I hope these past few months.

I have a feeling with the Adobe XD plug-in, there will be a time that there will be some sections that you wll need to pay....and my money is probably on the forms as forms typically will use PHP. I didn't download the the plug-in, but, am assuming that is....what is the four letter acronym....nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NICE is good. It was HTML. For some reason I would get a message to remove HTML. My question to you was, does WordPress use HTML? I hop so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2024 Jul 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@William37179699l8vj yes, totally does.... you can try the freebie verion (.com) and when you are ready, switch over to the paid version (.org). 

Because you are retired (no idea if you are getting a pension or not, or funds is an issue), honestly, if you just wanna show your work, I suggest using either Behance or Adobe Portfolio. Both are not bad. Some of my students use Adobe Portfolio...I teach in two programs one for Graphic Design and one for Web Developers....and the Graphic Designers, don't know HTML, CSS or any other coding languages. So, using either Behance or Adobe Portfolio is just as good for their needs. They won't be apply for jobs in web development!

Love the fact that you are trying Xd and considering to code the site to WordPress. You have to look at a different perspective...what is the purpose of the website? To show your work? Or to show the work, create some blog posts, maybe supplement a coffee fund and have ads on the website, then sure, a Wordpress site would work great especially for blogging. 

If you are only wanting to show the work, and have ads on the website, a WordPress may be over-doing it and a simple HTML/CSS will do the trick. In that is the case, there is a plugin called Anima that takes Xd to HTML. I never used, but I know some students who were trying to create a React database tried this, and it worked with some bugs (javascript was their issue!)

My money is on Adobe products, because it's Adobe....you could also use Google Sites. I have tried that on a couple of clients who didn't want Wix, SquareSpace, Tumbler or Weebly but, coming from a trusting source. Like Behance and Adobe Portfolio, Google Site is similiar, drag and drop. 

Hope that helps... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines