• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relink Components to Alternate Master File

Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming I'm working on a document that sources styles and components from a single Master Style XD document (each as cloud files), is it possible to select components in the working file and relink them to an alternate Master Style XD document?

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out here. If I understand the situation correctly, you are working on a document and you wish to link components from more than one source document. You may have more than on source document to link assets, please check the procedure mentioned here: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/linked-assets.html#create-linked-asset for better understanding. 

Feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul, i think the question is, how to relink assets to different / alternate master file (maybe latest version of Master file)? . And not linking multiple asset files to single file) 

I am also facing the issue I mentioned above. Can you please answer the question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarang,

We are sorry for the confusion. It looks like you are looking for the similar functionality mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38407816-relink-co...

If so, I would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sarang,

There is workaround to it. Until components are not broken ,they can't be relinked to other document leaving its parent documnet.

So,You need to delete the source file , then all linked component will appear broken. 

From broken badge of linked component you can select relink option and select new file. 

That's how components will get relink to latest version of file.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

But when I click on the missing assets i dont not get a "relink" option, only make local and delete. So how do I relink them? And i updated Xd yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines