• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove unused components in XD

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to remove unused components/font styles in XD, similar to removing unused swatches in INDD?

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the component from the assets panel on the left of the screen. Right-click on the component you wish to delete. Select Delete Component from the menu. You might want to select Highlight on Canvas first to make sure it is completly unused. However, you will have to do this one component at time. It would be nice for XD to allow for easier management for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way to determine if a component is unused is to hover over it in Document Assets view of Assets panel. The number of instances on canvas and nested in other components is shown in the tooltip, so any components with "0 instances" is unused.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the hover method to see if there are any instances, but many times, there are so many components that it takes forever to do a cleanup. Any way to highlight ALL components not used? If so, I could drag them to an "Unused" folder or just remove them all much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I completely agree and would love a feature like that. Especially in times of huge design systems this is a must-have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely need this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a thing yet? According to ChatGPT, you can filter by unused components(see below) but I can't find an "Unused Components" filter. 

Is ChatGPT lying or am I blind?

Is there a way to remove unused components/font styles in XD, similar to removing unused swatches in INDD?

By @Whispering_Melody6C2B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you remove this please? ChatGPT just makes things up, this is incorrect. And since you posted it here, it comes up as an answer in google search results, which is why I'm here. Please don't post incorrect information, especially after it was already removed once. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines