• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace an image with another image from inside the project

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can create a shape in Adobe XD and drag&drop an image from a folder into it and by repeating the process I can replace an existing image.

What do I have to do, if I want the same result with a picture that already is in the same XD file and NOT on my hard drive?

Right now I have to fiddle around with the mask of the other picture until it fits the shape of the one I want to replace. Is tehre another way or a feature I'm missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the image you want to apply (or the rectangle/shape it is masked with).

2. Ctrl+C (copy)

3. Select the image or shape you want to apply it on.

4. Ctrl+Alt+V (paste appearance).

The image is basically set as the "Fill" color of the shape you are copying from. So you copy that 'fill' and apply it to another shape. The image will try to fit the new shape, so you shouldn't have to fiddle with it too much.

A minor annoyance with this is if you have rounded corners or shadows on the shape you are applying it on (replacing), they will get removed and you will have to set them again. 

Hope this helps, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Spas,

as you mentioned, this will also copy all other stylings. Which is another massive anoyance of XD, when you just want to copy the dropshadow of an object without also changing the fill and other stylings.

I whish Adobe could focus more on ease of use and basic functions, instead of adding gimmick features like 3D transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that has been the general direction for quite some time. It hasn't all been gimmicks, but unfortunately there are quite a few features which in my opinion (and clearly many others) have very few and highly niche use scenarios.

For styles, I wish they took the CSS approach, and we could style groups of elements with classes for example. But we can only hope 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines