• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Replace Fonts' Window disappears / Replacing Fonts not possible in XD 45.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I urgently need to replace the missing fonts in a project in a large document.

When I click on a missing font and click on "Replace font", the window for replacing opens. As soon as I move the mouse pointer over the window, the window closes again and I cannot replace a font.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Design , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. Please update XD to the latest version which is 47 and let us know if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening with me too, super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening with a specific font? If yes, please share font details.
  4. Please quit XD and reboot the machine and check if that resolves the issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
1. Adobe XD version 45.1.62.3 / OS macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
2. It is happening in multiple files
3. All fonts ( I tested)
4. I already did this, also used the Adobe cleaner to delete my XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Adobe XD 45.1.62.3 x64  but happended also in the older version. macOS BigSur 11.6.1. Also don't work on the machines of my design colleagues, all on Macs.
  2. Happens with all tested files
  3. Happens with all tested fonts
  4. Tried: Quit and reboot, deinstall and install, removing all prefs all doesn't work.

BR, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround sometimes helps:
Right click on the font to be replaced (missing font) while holding down the mouse button(!!),
release mouse button on the text (so only 1 click in total).
In one out of 12 attempts, the window then opens above the sidebar instead of next to it, then it can be used normally. So if it looks like this:

ChrisKubiq_0-1638258224754.png

Still very annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I can reproduce this on my end and I have logged a bug. Please stay tuned to this  discussion for updates.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some problems in the UI when I try to replace missing fonts.

• Right click in the missing font > Replace font
  • A box appears in the right
  • When I move my cursor over the box, it desappears!

So, I cannot interact with the UI to replace my fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I can reproduce this on my end and I have logged a bug. Please stay tuned to this  discussion for updates.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here as well! The box disapears and cannot replace fonts using this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option disappears as you move the mouse.
Example video below:

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you confirm if this is happening on a specific file or multiple files? If it's happening on multiple files, please share the version of XD and OS so that we can test this on our end and we'll escalate this further.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this happens on every file I am currently using.

XD version: 45.1.62.3 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps for now until this is fixed, I have just found a very janky workaround to this...

Once you've right clicked and selected 'Replace font...', if you grab the edge of the Assets panel and drag it wider so that it's underneath the font change dialogue, you can carefully mouse over and you should be able to hit OK (see the video attached).

Not ideal, but it's something for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you! Not ideal at all but great work around - thanks for sharing!! saved me so much time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, in any document I've tried – as soon as you try to mouse-over to the OK button, the dialogue disappears and it's impossible to set your changes as you can't set it with return or by tabbing to the button either.

Same XD version, same OS:

XD 45.1.62.3 x64

macOS Big Sur 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I have logged the bug and I'll update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this pitiful bug is still not fixed since more than a month, i thought Creative Cloud was able to update softwares anytime…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happening for me - pretty much useless file as I'm not replacing 100+ occurances manually...

MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 with M1 Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior here, for IOS, after the last update the problem is still here, I also tryied to replace a font by copying the new version and replacing the old one in the Fonts Folder but now I have same font twice with different naming 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and if it replaces, only in normal text but if the for example, I have an iconfont, is part of a component, the  font  inside components is not being replaced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand your frustration. The team is working on this issue and was able to find the root cause of the issue. You will definitely see improvements and fixes in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I have a workaround. Maybe, it works for you too.

First, right-click on the missing font and select replace font from the menu. Do not move the mouse outside of the missing font. Otherwise, it will close the popup. When the popup opens, click on the missing font name with the mouse left-click. That will take focus from the popup and stop the popup's disappearing. After this, click the dropdown on the popup and select a font freely.

I hope this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip is very tricky, it works 1 time on 10 for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines