• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive resize not working as expected

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to vertically center a few elements (see image), the constraints I've set seem correct but they don't accomplish the task. Can anyone point out where I've gone wrong?

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 1.27.01 AM.png

Also, does anyone know why the chevron's Responsive Resize toggle is grayed out? And why the Auto/Manual switch is grayed out for the chevron and square? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing the layers panel, with groups expanded, so we can see how layers are grouped together and what each layer is exactly? Do you want the square and the text to grow in size, or do you just want them to be vertically aligned?

If you want just the alignment, remove the top & bottom constraints. If you use both (on the same axis), the element will be resized, as it will try to keep the top and bottom spacing between the element and the group's bounding box. That's what the constraints are for. If you leave just one (per axis), it will keep the spacing on that side, and won't resize, as the spacing on the opposite side is "auto".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, here is the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 3.24.45 PM.png

I would like for the square to remain fixed-ratio as the component grows larger, so that when I make this component larger for some future instances the square grows larger, stays vertically centered, and pushes the Food Item text to the right as it enlarges. I would also like for the chevron to stay fixed-size and right-aligned, and for the text and chevron to stay vertically centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines