• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Services menu pops up when editing text (macOS Catalina)

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very often when I select and/or edit the text in Adobe XD, I get this services menu popping out on the screen when I left-click on the text:

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 21.03.05.png

This is very annoying. Any ideas on how to disable it completely?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a MacOS system-wide function that is especially annoying in XD. I've finally worked out how to turn it off. Go to Sys Prefs and Extensions. In the ALL list uncheck any apps with Actions checked. Once empty the menu will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much. This was driving me nuts when using XD.
I was aware it was an Apple "feature", so I posted on the Apple Community forums. After 10 days there was no response. So I continued searching online, and found this thread.
I can add a comment to your proposed solution ... If the user still wants to have specific actions available, and if they were not showing up in the Actions popup in XD, then it's not necessary to disable them. It's only necessary to disable those that were showing in the Quick actions popup menu. In my case, it was a quick action for the 2Do app. "Add to 2Do". Very similar to the "Add to Things" shown in the OP's screenshot.

Again ... thanks for revealing the solution. It was making XD almost barely usable when it came to working with text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try the suggestions shared by Ellimondo and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines