Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound playback when Previewing on Device (iPad Pro 11") not working

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am currently working on an app prototype that requires sound playback, like a soundboard. The functionality is integrated perfectly fine in XD and it works great when previewing on my desktop!

However, when launching the file on my iPad (via USB or via cloud storage, XD app), no sound plays whatsoever. Hotspot Hints indicate that the sounds are included in the version running on the iPad, but nothing happens when touching it.  Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? Thanks!

-Wisse

(attached is my project with most assets removed but the sound buttons still intact)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Hi Wisse,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you faced.
There was an internal bug already raised and our Engineering team is working for the fix. You might get the fix in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Rasool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wisse,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe.

We are sorry for the inconvenience you faced.
There was an internal bug already raised and our Engineering team is working for the fix. You might get the fix in upcoming releases.

Regards,

Rasool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have added sound to a button in my app prototype. The Action type is Audio Playback and I have attached a .wav file. When I preview the file on system it plays the sound but when i preview it on my android phone it doesn't play the sound. Also tried with .mp3 but dosen't work on mobile. The document is saved on cloud documents. I even checked mobile settings and app permissions, but all in vain.

Please help!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I found a similar discussion on the community https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/sound-playback-when-previewing-on-device-ipad-pro-11-quot-no...

As per the discussion, there is already a bug logged, so please stay tuned to this discussion for any update.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to know that there is no solution to this. Hope it is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wisse,

Any suggestions? how did you manage?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterk86457505,

I am sorry for the trouble. I am checking with the team for an update on this issue. Could you please share the version of XD installed and the details of your operating system?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Fully current versions of XD iOS app as well as desktop app. Fully current versions of iOS and macOS on the hardware.

This is completely nuts! I gather the team has fully stopped developing XD and we are meant to transition everything to Figma? Absolutely bananas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gwb@alphadevco,
Sorry to hear about the trouble, could you please share the device details through which you are connected and also on which iOS device you are facing this issue.

Thanks & regards,
Chaitanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio fails to play when I run a video within the prototype on my iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16.3. It fails whether running the XD wirelessly or in the tethered mode. The audio DOES play when I run the same prototype running the current Adobe XD on my 11" iPad Pro (3rd Gen) also running iPad OS 16.3. It also running perfectly when I run the prototype on my Desktop app running macOS 13.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue here. I have all my apps updated to the lastest version and I can't play sounds on my Iphone of any kind into my prototypes.

Also when I have TWO TIME TRIGGERED actions (as playing a sound and reproducing a Lottie animation) both don't work at all. No sound. No animation.  Phewww... what a bug, folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines