Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Starter Plan: Cant update Adobe XD anymore. Forces me to sign up to a plan

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

When I launched Creative Cloud Desktop today. I saw that there was an update to Adobe XD (v 54.0.12 available). When I tried to install it, it forces me to sign up to a paid plan. If I close this prompt, the update doesn't proceed.

So I am now stuck with an outdated version of XD even though I can use the software normally if I launch it directly from the Start Menu. It still bugs me to sign up for a paid plan, but I can simply close this prompt and continue to use the software as part of the Starter Plan. I just can't update it anymore.

How do I fix this?

fahdriyami_0-1661006844737.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Hi Fahdriyami,

Thank you for reaching out. Your concern is genuine. However, there is nothing to worry, XD Starter plan remains available for people learning UI/UX design who have limited needs to share or collaborate with others. 

The trial gives you the chance to try the full capabilities of XD at no cost for 7 days. There is no commitment; if you cancel during the trial period, you will return to the Starter plan. You can continue using XD Starter by launching XD manually (from Windows Star

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fahdriyami,

Thank you for reaching out. Your concern is genuine. However, there is nothing to worry, XD Starter plan remains available for people learning UI/UX design who have limited needs to share or collaborate with others. 

The trial gives you the chance to try the full capabilities of XD at no cost for 7 days. There is no commitment; if you cancel during the trial period, you will return to the Starter plan. You can continue using XD Starter by launching XD manually (from Windows Start menu or macOS Dock/Launchpad).

I hope this help. Please update this discussion if you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible implementation for the Starter Plan and raises security and privacy concerns.

Basically Adobe just wants my credit card information. Why do I have to provide this info if I only intend on using the free Starter Plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, and the so-called "correct answer" doesn't answer anything about the update problem. I only use the software to view XD files and I can't do so if the XD file happens to be made on a newer version of XD. If problems like this keep coming up, we're just going to switch to some other design software at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had the same problem. There were only two buttons on the main view in Creative Cloud. IIRC it was Purchase and Trial? 

I noticed I was also out of date. So I went to the updates section of Creative Cloud. There was an option to update. After update the message did not appear at start of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update flow needs to be reverted or fixed. If there is a free version then I should be able to skip the trial and just update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This company is an absolute joke.

Been on starter plan for 1 year, always updating correctly, and suddenly this:

joke.png

joke2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to me that this is a clear example of deception. They enticed us to sign up for their free plan, but now it seems they are taking advantage of the time we invested in learning the software. Let's switch to Figma and leave these fraudsters behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe acquired Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines