Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIme trigger doesnt work in a screen which has a component in hover effect

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I am designing an iceberg amidst the waves of a ocean. I have animated the waves using time trigger and refered to this tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3fSi7P66c&t=4s&ab_channel=Thecreativetechnologist . And i have also created a hover effect on a button. The problem I am not able to make both the hover animation and time trigger work together. I think hover effect cancels on the time triger . this design is for a landing page . How do I solve this 

TOPICS
Design , How to , Known Issue , Missing feature , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

These days you can use Lottie files for that sort of animation that will play while you're doing other things and won't get interrupted by triggers etc. To create a lottie animation you need to use Adobe After Effects and a plugin called Bodymovin. You can read more about it here. When you generate a .json file from the Bodymovin plugin, you can import it into Xd and it will play or loop automatically while viewing the prototype, depending on how you set it up. You can learn more about using Lot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.Basically Only one interaction can occur at a time so if you have a time trigger and then do a hover trigger and Interaction with time trigger will get canceled. To Investigate your Issue and to understand the behaviour of your workflow,we would like to know a few more details like-

1. The version of XD, Creative cloud
  2. Is it possible to share video of your Issue or published prototype link , so that we understand the workflow of your design and try to reproduce your Issue from our end.

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Chethan G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. If the user doesnt drag off the hover the animation doesn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These days you can use Lottie files for that sort of animation that will play while you're doing other things and won't get interrupted by triggers etc. To create a lottie animation you need to use Adobe After Effects and a plugin called Bodymovin. You can read more about it here. When you generate a .json file from the Bodymovin plugin, you can import it into Xd and it will play or loop automatically while viewing the prototype, depending on how you set it up. You can learn more about using Lottie in Xd here.

Otherwise, the limitation of only one trigger / action happening at the same time is still here and likely to stay, so I'm afraid this is your only option 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines