• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Trigger not working with latest XD 45 version update.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new XD update (version 45.0.62.17), the timed trigger for transition in prototyping has stopped working. A prototype I had working before updating the program now refuses to use any time triggers that were programmed or to create any new time triggered transitions. 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Currently, Adobe XD only supports 1 Timed Interaction per Artboard. The Timed Interaction with the smallest Delay takes precedence.

Did you add any other Timed Interactions with a samller Delay?

Did you add any Lottie elements to Artboard? These are "Play Automatically" by default, which is a Time Trigger with a Delay of 0.

Hope his Helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi masonacampbell,

We are sorry for the trouble and thanks for reaching out. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on my windows 10 machine. Could you please share the operating system of your machine? Please record a video of your workflow and share with us for better understanding.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Currently, Adobe XD only supports 1 Timed Interaction per Artboard. The Timed Interaction with the smallest Delay takes precedence.

Did you add any other Timed Interactions with a samller Delay?

Did you add any Lottie elements to Artboard? These are "Play Automatically" by default, which is a Time Trigger with a Delay of 0.

Hope his Helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you for your help, this is the issue. I had a Lottie file on the board. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am frustrated with this update as well. My team shares a lot of our files, and we have some team members in the EU that have updated to this version which completely locks out anyone that can't update. My US based team is stuck on the most recent build V44.1.12.5 and there is no update available to us. When will be updated to the latest version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add a followup to my previous response.

Starting with XD 47, Multiple Time Triggers are now allowed. With the exception of Lotties, you can still only have 1 animation running at a time. So, starting a second animation may terminate the first animation if they overlap.

More info here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/working-with-multiple-time-triggers-for-artboard...

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this broken again?  I had it all working with automatic or advanced screen timing for various effects as of last week.  I don't believe any updates have occurred to the application or to my machine in the last 3-4 days, but now the PREVIEW mode of my mockup as well as the PUBLISHED link to the prototype fail to automatically transition to the next artboard regardless of 0 up to 10 seconds of delay.  It just never moves.  I had already shared this link with stakeholders when it was working and now in review by them, I'm being told that the mockup doesn't work.

robb63968570_0-1658180550038.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rob Barry,

We are sorry to hear you're having trouble with the time trigger in XD. Could you please share the link with us so that we can check at our end? Does that happen with a specific file or all the files? If it's file specific, is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can check at my end? 

If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines