• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool FREEZES !!!!!

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just installed the latest Adobe Xd update, but a problem that I used to encounter has surfaced again.

While working, suddenly the type tool becomes inactive, in the sense that I cannot type anything new, the type cursor doesn't show, and this problem is also extended to the properties section, where I cannot type in a new value but only change values using the up and down arrow keys. 

It is really affecting the workflow, once it happens it is like that for a good 5-10 minutes.

Kindly Assist.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: WHAT hardware and OS is in use? Are you connected to an external Screen/Monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an HP ProBook and Windows 10 Pro (20H2). I am not using any external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, it's a known bug that's been around for a while. The current workaround is to Alt+Tab to a different program / window and back to Xd, which fixes it, until it breaks again...

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a clear indication to what causes the bug, as it seemingly happens at random. Sometimes it happens 5 minutes after you've made a clean file, other times you can work for hours until it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines