• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open XD 47 on new windows laptop

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new laptop, installed all the apps I use from Creative Cloud - they all work fine, except XD. XD starts to open, I get a blank screen, then it crashes with no error.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting I could find online, but nothing is fixing the issue.

PLEASE HELP!

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardjbeaulieu,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open XD on your machine. If it’s a new machine, we would suggest you to check if your graphics drivers are up to date. You should go to your graphics card manufacturer’s website, and download and install the latest version to see if that resolves the issue.

If it didn't help, please try the below steps in sequence-

• Uninstall XD.
  • Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task manager.
  • Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  • Delete Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  • Restart  computer and install XD

Let us know if that helps. We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I've verified that both my graphics drivers are up to date (Intel(R) UHD Graphics & NVIDIA RTX A2000 Laptop GPU)

I've also taken the steps to do a thorough uninstall following the instructions above.

...neither worked.

XD still opens to a blank screen, and then imediately crashes with no error msg.

Cheers,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps suggested, Richard. We would reqest you to please generate logs and crash dumps and upload them to shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please also share the screenshot of the About XD info page. 

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi richardjbeaulieu,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. I have sent you a private message to share the full crash dumps. Are you able to generate the dumps? 

Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines