Exit

Unable to use Repeat Grid with SVGs in Adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was trying to use repeat grid with svg files, please check the behaviour

When i drag and drop SVGs from folder into Repeat Grid (shape icon), it transfers only first SVG

levank_0-1644207521267.png

But, when i drag and drop PNG files it woks how it should work

levank_1-1644207616062.png

I want to place SVGs' so i modify the colors and details of the SVG later on, but unfortunately, i cannot do it. Is it a bug,or XD specially restricts SVG replacement within GRIDS?
plus, what should be order of the elements in my folder to ensure proper order placement?

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Thank you for your patience. I got confirmation from the team that this is a known limitation with SVG drag & Drop. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi levank,

Thank you for contacting us,  I tried to reproduce the issue at our end, but couldn't able to reprduce  the issue, In order to check at our end, please answer to the below listed points,
1. In which version of XD your facing the issue?
2. In which platform Mac / win?
3. Draggin and dropping the SVG files onto the component which is made as Repeat GRid OR on object made its as a Repeat Grid
4. Is it happening with all the files / specific file

Thanks,
Ashwini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

1. XD version 50.0.12.14 x64.

2. Mac.

3. In an object or group of objects made as a repeat grid. If I try to do it in a component made as a repeat grid, then it populates the first instance only, instead of populating automatically all instances in the grid.

4. It happens in all files.

See the attached video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi levank,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what Ashwini has requested, is it possible for you to share the XD file with us for investigation? If yes, please upload the XD file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us.

If possible, please also record a video of your workflow for better understanding.

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL to sample document -> Repeat Grid SVGs

Watch the sample video attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juicy_life,

Sorry for the trouble caused, Bug has been logged from our end, you will able to see the fix in upcoming release.

Regards,

Ashwini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashwini,

Tkae a look to the video I've attached to this message because there is another related issue when the component to be repeated has more than one state.

Arturo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post after I made a similar one regarding SVG images and Repeat Grid. Is this same problem? Back in April 2022 it was indicated this is logged and would be fixed in an upcoming release. Is there an ETA? Thanks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/cannot-drop-multiple-svg-images-into-repeat-grid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting to be fixed. No news from Xd team yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on version 57.1.12.2 and I'm still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience. I got confirmation from the team that this is a known limitation with SVG drag & Drop. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines