• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo not working when multiple people are working from the same cloud file in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working on a cloud document with multiple people working on the same file, undo (CMD+Z) is very buggy and doesn't work as expected. Rather than removing the latest changes I have just done, it leaves my latest changes as is, and removes other changes I had done before (or not working at all). I also suspect that it was undowing part of what my colleague was doing instead!

The only work around was to ask my colleague to close the file temporaly. Then it worked just fine. This is a real problem for our day-to-day workflow. I hoped this bug would be solved quickly, but has been this was for weeks now.

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @juliefernandes7,

We apologize for the frustration. We will try our best to investigate the issue. A few more details would be super helpful for us.

• The OS and XD version.
  • Does that happen all the time with all the files?
  • Are you able to reproduce the issue at your end? If yes, please share a short video for investigation purposes.
  • How many people are working on this file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I will certainly send a video if I see this happening again. I did not witness this happening on other files myself, but this is something my team has experienced as soon as we are using cloud documents and working on the same file with multiple people.

We are 2 people on this particular file: I'm using Big Sur 11.6.1, my colleage is using Big Sur 11.6.6. 

Since yesterday we both have encountered another issue with this file. We are getting a 2162 error, and the file keeps closing or disconnect every few minutes. We are using other files in parallel (the same 2 of us), and we do not experience the same issue.

We are both on the latest XD update: 51.0.12.6.

Thanks,

Julie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info. Could you please share the XD file with me over a private message so that I can check at my end? For error 2162, have you tried the steps suggested in this article and let us know if that helps?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did try some of the steps in the link, but the only thing that solved it was to have one person only on the file. The problem occured for a few days, and since we haven't had that 2162 error anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's strange. Is it possible for you to share the XD file with me over a private message? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me.

Does that happen with a specific file only?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines