Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated XD to version 54.0.12.5, can no longer open files

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upgraded XD to version 54.0.12.5 late last week and now whenever I open a local or cloud based file, XD shuts down after 30 seconds or so.

If I open a local file, I get an error modal saying 'Something went wrong - Please close and relaunch XD, then try opening your document again. (Error 5720)', and the applicaiton closes.

If I open a cloud based file, after 10 seconds or so I see a warning icon on the cloud connection, then a dialog appears saying 'Disconnnected from Creative Cloud - Something went wrong with your connection with Creative Cloud. Work in offline mode until we reconnect you automatically', then I get the error modal saying 'Something went wrong - Please close and relaunch XD, then try opening your document again. (Error 5720)', and the application closes. 

I have deinstalled and reinstalled XD and I still can't open files. I have tried using a different machine with a fresh Windows 10 install and a fresh Adobe CC Desktop install and have the same issue.

A work colleague in a different region is having the same issue and it started happening around the same time (we both have corporate accounts).

Any assistance would be welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KevOC,

Sorry for the trouble. We are investigating this issue. Would you mind collecting the logs from your machine using this link- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html? Please upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share the link with me via private message ( go to my profile, click send a message button). 

After you have collected the logs, please try to create a new admin user account (Mac/Win) and check if that help. 

If the problem persists, please roll back to the previous version and share the results. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

I'll speak with my IT help people to get this done (my machine is locked down).

Regards,

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, KevOC. Please share the logs before troubleshooting so that we may investigate the root cause. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul_Saini,

I've messaged you with a link to the log file - please let me know if you have access.

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI - I uninstalled version 54.0.12 and installed version 51.0.12 and can now access my files. Obviously not an ideal solution but certainly a viable workaround for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines